Have you experienced an accident on holiday in Santorini? If so, it is important to get the compensation you deserve. Here at Accident Claims UK, we have many years of experience when it comes to making claims for accidents that have happened abroad. You can reach us by dialling 0800 073 8801. But before you do this, read our guide below.
Select A Section
- Our Guide To Compensation Claims For Accidents On Holiday In Santorini
- Popular Towns And Beaches In Santorini
- What Should You Do If Ill Or Injured Whilst On Holiday?
- Emergency And Useful Numbers In Santorini
- Healthcare In Santorini And The Greek Islands For Holidaymakers
- How Long Do I Have To Claim Compensation For An Accident On Holiday In Santorini
- Santorini Package Holiday Compensation Claims
- Santorini Hotel Accident & Illness Compensation Claims
- Illnesses, Infection, Or Food Poisoning Claims
- Slips & Trips
- Accidents On Activities And Excursions
- Santorini Cruise Ship Accident Claims
- Airport Transfer, Coach, And Car Accident Claims
- Find A Solicitor – You Can Make Your Claim With A UK Solicitor
- No Win No Fee Claims For Accidents On Holiday In Santorini
- How To Make Your Holiday Accident Claim
- Contact Us Today
- Additional Resources
An Overview Of Holiday Accident Claims In Santorini
Around 3 million British tourists visit Greece each year. Most of these tourists have a great time and do not experience any incidents. However, there are some who come home feeling ill or with serious injuries due to an accident that has happened. If this applies to you, this guide will discuss everything you need to know. We are going to take a look at the different types of accidents and injuries that can happen in Santorini. We will also provide you with information on how to make a successful claim, as well as details about the service that we provide.
It does not matter whether you were staying in a popular hotel or a remote location, we can help you to claim. Nevertheless, some of the most popular places near Santorini are as follows:
- Canaves Ola Suites
- De Sol Hotel & Spa
- Astra Suites
- Andronis Luxury Suites
We are going to take a look at the steps you need to take if you are thinking about claiming after an accident in Santorini…
- See a medical professional – The first thing you need to do is receive professional medical attention. We include information on how to do so later in this guide. It is important to get your injuries checked out for two reasons. The first reason is, of course, the fact that you need to take care of yourself and ensure a speedy recovery. The second reason is that you must see a doctor if you are going to claim. This is because they will provide a medical report, which documents your injuries and treatment plan, is the most vital piece of the puzzle in determining your payout amount.
- Take photographs – If applicable, it is a good idea to take photographs that will support your case. For example, in road traffic accidents, you can take photos of any damage to your vehicle as well as the street. You can also take pictures of your injuries if they are visible.
- Get the contact details of any witnesses – If anyone saw the accident, you should get their contact information. This is because they will be able to provide a witness statement, which is something that can really improve the strength of your case.
- Keep track of all of your expenses – It is likely that you will have suffered a whole host of different costs because of your injury. Keep track of these and hold onto proof too. You can claim for them. Examples range from the cost of treatment and counselling to holiday losses and loss of income.
- Get in touch with a leading law company – The most important factor when it comes to any personal injury case is ensuring that you have a top law firm on your side that can fight your corner. This is exactly what you have with Accident Claims UK. We are an experienced law firm, and all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis.
When going on holiday, no matter where the world, you need to jot down the emergency numbers you may need for that destination. You can use the European emergency number of 112 in Santorini. Here are some of the important local numbers you may need:
The telephone area code is +30 22860. Please dial this, and then add the following…
- 28097 for the Municipality of Thira.
- 28400 for the Airport of Santorini.
- 60300 for the Health Centre.
- 22649 for the Police Station.
- 22239 for the Port Authority.
- 22238 for the Post Office.
- 27199 for the Tourist Office.
- 22239 for the Tourist Police.
You can also find the contact details for the various British Embassies in Greece at the end of the guide.
Your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) will be applicable in Santorini. However, you should still take out insurance because your EHIC will not cover all treatments. If you do not have an EHIC, you can apply for one, free of charge, via the UK Government website.
A lot of people do not realise that there is a time limit with regards to how long they have to make a personal injury claim. For accidents in Santorini, please refer to the table below.
|Circumstances of your illness or injury||Limitation date|
|The injury occurred on a flight to or from a Greek airport, including Rhodes International Airport, Heraklion International Airport, Corfu – Ionnais Kapodistrais Airport, Athens Airport, and other airport situated on a Greek island or mainland Greece serving international destinations||2 years may very|
|Railway accidents||3 years may very|
|Maritime accidents||2 years from the date the passenger disembarked may very|
|Road traffic accidents||2 years when there is the provision or strict liability, otherwise 5 years may very|
|Private holidays||Up to 5 years may very|
|Package holidays booked via a UK-tour operator||3 years may very|
Common Types Of Accident Or Injury On Holiday
If you have been injured while on a package holiday, you may be concerned that the whole process is going to be too complex and that you will struggle to make a claim. This is not something you need to worry about. Regulations came into place in 1992, which mean that anyone injured on such a holiday can claim against the tour operator. So, for example, accidents on excursions can be brought to justice by claiming against the UK tour operator you purchased the package deal through, rather than you needing to file a lawsuit against the local Greek provider.
So, how do you know if you were on a package holiday? For a vacation to be deemed a package one, you must have booked at least two of the following in the same deal:
- Extra travel services, for example, tours.
If you have been injured during a package trip, it is imperative to get in touch with your tour operator at the nearest opportunity.
There are many different ways you could be injured in your hotel. Here are some examples:
- Sports injuries.
- Food poisoning.
- Swimming pool accidents.
- Slips and trips.
- Burns due to electrical faults.
- Injuries from a crime.
- Injuries due to broken furniture.
- Gym injuries.
When it comes to these accidents, it is all about proving that the hotel is to blame for what happened to you. For example, you won’t be able to claim if you were running around the pool carelessly and you slipped and hurt yourself. You will be able to claim, though, if there was a cracked tile around the pool and you injured yourself or if you fell ill because the swimming pool had not be maintained properly.
If you are unsure as to whether you have the basis for a hotel accident claim, simply give us a call and we will happily explain.
Greece is one of the most popular destinations for British tourists, and one of the reasons why this is the case is because we love Greek food. However, there have been cases of tourists experiencing food poisoning. There are many different ways that this could happen. From food being left on the buffet for too long to you being served raw food, the scenarios can vary. Luckily, most food poisoning cases are mild, but we have seen some life threatening cases, so it is something to be taken very seriously. Moreover, if you have had an allergic reaction while on holiday in Santorini because you were given the wrong information regarding allergens present in the food, you can also make a claim.
Slips, trips, and falls can happen anywhere in Santorini, which is why these cases are very common. You could fall while getting on or off the plane. You could slip in your hotel or restaurant. You could trip in a car park because of a pothole. The scenarios differ considerably. Nevertheless, if you retain proof that what happened occurred because of someone else’s negligence and not your own clumsiness, you will definitely have cause to make a claim.
When on holiday in Santorini, a good number of people like to try out the different activities and excursions that are available. This could be anything from watersports to going on a tour around the island. When doing this, it is important to select a reputable provider and you will want to make sure they are covered by your insurance too. If you are injured due to poor maintenance of equipment or inadequate instructions, for example, we can help you to claim. From a quad bike accident to accidents when paragliding, these claims differ considerably.
We can also help you to claim if you have been injured on a cruise ship. A lot of tour providers offer cruises around the Greek islands. There are numerous ways you could be injured both on and off board. It is worth pointing out here that we cannot only help you to claim if you were a tourist on these ships but we can help you if you were injured while working on a cruise ship as well. After all, all employers have a duty to provide their employees with a safe and healthy working environment. If yours has failed to do so, you will be entitled to compensation.
There are many different reasons why people find themselves in need of the services of accident lawyers in Santorini. One of the main reasons is because they have been involved in a road traffic accident, as, unfortunately, car accidents happen on a daily basis in Greece. While statistics show that the number of fatalities have decreased over the past decade, Greece still has a high level of road traffic accident deaths when compared with the rest of Europe.
Keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at the ten steps you should follow if you are involved in a road traffic accident, whether this happened while you were in a hire car, coach, airport transfer, or any other capacity…
- Call an ambulance – When any accident happens, the main priority is always to make sure that everyone is safe. If someone has been injured and requires urgent medical attention, you will need to call an ambulance.
- Ring the police – In some cases, you may need to call the police. This relates to serious car crashes, hit and runs, and incidents whereby the crash is impacting other vehicles on the road.
- Get the contact details of the perpetrator – If the person who caused the accident has not fled the scene, make sure you get their contact details. You will need their name, address, telephone number and the details of their insurer. It is also a good idea to note down their registration number.
- Get witness contact details – If there were any witnesses, you should try and get their contact information, as witness statements can help to strengthen your case.
- Take photographs – If there has been damage to your vehicle and / or the street, you should take some photographs, as this will serve as great proof to what happened.
- Contact your insurance company/hire firm – You should contact your insurer at the soonest opportunity. If you were in a hire car, make sure the firm is aware. For coach accidents or accidents on an airport transfer bus, call your tour operator.
- Make a note of what happened – This is an imperative step, as it will make sure your memory doesn’t stop you claiming
- Keep a diary of your symptoms – This will help to strengthen your case significantly.
- Keep proof of the financial strain – Keep receipts and any other documents that prove the costs you have experienced because of your injuries, such as counselling expenses and childcare costs.
- Call Accident Claims UK – We are one of the leading law firms in the country; and can help you secure the compensation you deserve. We have a lot of experience in road accidents.
Simple Steps To Make A Holiday Accident Claim
A lot of people assume that their only option is to use the services of a personal injury solicitor who is based in Santorini. However, this is not the case. You can work with a UK-based solicitor, which is where we come in. We have years of experience when it comes to making holiday accident claims. Contact us today for more information.
From accidents infections and food poisoning to road traffic incidents, the situations vary when it comes to accidents on holiday in Santorini, and in many instances people have a right to compensation because the accident was not their fault. If this applies to you, one of the most important things you should do is make sure you find a quality solicitor who can give you the best chance of getting the money you are entitled to.
There is a lot to consider when assessing the accident lawyers that are available. One of the first things you should look out for is the lawyer’s level of experience. You want to be sure that they have plenty of years of personal injury experience in their locker. You certainly do not want to be one of their first clients. It’s too much of a risk to take. You should also make sure the lawyer has experience in the area of personal injury you require, i.e. airport transfer accident claims or road traffic accidents.
Once you are sure that the personal injury lawyer in question is experienced enough to handle your case, you should then enquire about their payment terms. It is always advisable to go for someone that is happy to work to a No Win, No Fee basis. By doing this, you will only pay legal fees if your case is a success, which eliminates the financial risk that is typically associated with using the services of traditional accident lawyers. You will also benefit from a much better service, as the solicitor is going to be more impacted by the outcome of your case.
Here at Accident Claims UK, our lawyers tick all of the boxes that have been mentioned. Not only do they work to a No Win, No Fee payment agreement, but they have plenty of experience in the industry and have successfully helped plenty of personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve. Give us a call today to discover how we can help you.
If you have sustained an injury from an accident on holiday in Santorini, you will rightly be thinking about making a claim. If the accident was not your fault, then there is a very high chance that your case will be a success. Nonetheless, you must make sure that you have seen a doctor for your injuries, and the incident must have happened within the applicable personal injury claims time limit. If this applies to the accident you were involved in, Accident Claims UK can ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Read on to discover the reasons why we are the firm for the job.
Experience – We boast many years of experience, and over the years we have helped thousands of personal injury victims to get the pay-out they deserve. Therefore, you can be confident that you are in safe hands when you choose our service. This is especially the case as we specialise in personal injury law. We have handled many different cases over the years, from workplace accidents and slips and trips in public places to road traffic accidents and product liability claims.
Reputation – We have managed to build up an excellent reputation in the industry, you only have to look at the feedback on our website to see that this is the case.
No Win, No Fee – One of the main aspects of our great service is that all of the solicitors provided to you by us work to a No Win, No Fee format. What this means is that you will not need to pay any legal fees should we be unable to secure a compensation payment for you. Not only does this provide you with a significant degree of monetary protection, but you can be assured of a better quality service too, as our solicitors are accountable for the outcome of your case.
Convenient service – Last but not least, you can be sure that we will do everything in our power to resolve your case in the quickest and smoothest manner. We know that you are already going to be feeling distressed as it is, and we certainly do not want to add to this. This is why we aim to solve cases over the telephone whenever possible. Our simple three-step claims process is outlined below.
|Contact our team by email, phone, or post.||Our team will assess your claim.||Once you are ready, we can then start your claim.|
If you wish to go ahead with a personal injury claim for an accident that has happened while you were on holiday or if you have any queries or concerns about doing so, just dial 0800 073 8801. This is our specialist advice line, and it will connect you to a friendly member of our team who will answer all your questions, give you a realistic picture of your case, and start the claims process for you if you are ready. We do have other methods of contact available too. You can send an email, use the live chat function, or you can enter your details and we will call you back.
Here are some guides that may be of use to you:
Accidents that happen in another country – More FAQs answered
I want to know how much compensation I’d get? – This page should help answer your questions
Flight late? – Delayed flight claims explained
You can find embassy and consulate information below.
British Embassy Greece – Athens
British Embassy Athens
1, Ploutarchou str
106 75 Athens
Telephone: +30 210 7272 600
British Embassy Crete
Candia Tower, 17 Thalita Street, Ag. Dimitrios Square
71 202 Crete
Telephone: +30 2810 224012
British Embassy Rhodes
29 Gr. Lambraki Street
85 100 Rhodes
Telephone: +30 22410 22005
British Embassy Zakynthos
28 Foskolou Street
29 100 Zakynthos
Telephone: +30 26950 22906
NHS guide to healthcare in Greece – Read this information from the NHS