By Mark Anderson. Last Updated 10th March 2021. Welcome to our guide which answers the question, “what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims?” On this page, you will find a detailed guide that explains the entire concept regarding the process of making a personal injury claim under a No Win No Fee agreement.
No Win No Fee lawyers like Accident Claims UK specialise in helping people who have suffered a personal injury claim compensation they could be entitled to without any financial risk. The reason being that a claimant does not have to find the money to pay a No Win No Fee solicitor an upfront fee to pursue a claim.
Accidents happen whether you are at work, when you are out in a public place like a supermarket, or when you are driving your car along a road. If you are injured in an accident, and it can be proven that the accident was not your fault, you could have valid grounds to seek compensation by filing a No Win No Fee personal injury claim against the negligent third party.
Accident Claims UK can help you make such a claim. All you need to do is call us on 0800 073 8801 to take the details of the accident and your injury and help you begin claiming the compensation you are eligible for once we find you have valid grounds to pursue a personal injury claim.
Select a Section:
- A Guide To Making No Win No Fee Compensation Claims
- What Do No Win No Fee Solicitors Do, and What Can They Do For Me?
- What Are Conditional Fee Agreements?
- Why Were No Win No Fee Claims Created?
- How Much Can A No Win No Fee Lawyer Charge?
- Can I Make A No Win No Fee Claim For An Injury At Work?
- No Win No Fee Claims For Injuries In A Public Place
- No Win No Fee Solicitors For Medical Negligence Claims
- Make A No Win No Fee Claim For A Car Accident
- Statistics About No Win No Fee Claims
- What Can You Include In A Claim?
- No Win No Fee Claims Calculator
- How Do I Start A Personal Injury Claim?
- Why Make Your Claim With Accident Claims UK?
- Talk With Us Today
- Useful Links
A Guide To Making No Win No Fee Compensation Claims
When you suffer a personal injury at work that was caused by a third party which could be another member of staff or someone else, your employer, or a company such as a supermarket chain, or a large organisation like the NHS, or even your local council, could be held responsible. This may entitle you to make a No Win No Fee claim for compensation.
To facilitate this, you will need to find a competent team of No Win No Fee solicitors to pursue your claim for you.
So, to answer the question of what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims? A simplified answer would be to say that this is an agreement between yourself and a legal team for them to provide legal services without levying any fee until they actually win a compensation payment for you.
In this guide, we discuss what this kind of agreement entails, and also how the claims process works and contains information such as:
- A description of the kinds of services that legal firms working under this payment model will commonly provide and how these services can help you make a compensation claim
- A definition of just what a Conditional Fee Agreement is and how it works about the fee structure for making a claim
- Information on why this kind of legal representation came into existence and how it helps the UK public to gain access to vital legal services
- A brief overview of the fee structure of this kind of payment model and how much your legal team is allowed by law to charge you once your claim has been successful
- Information on using this kind of legal service to make a claim against your employer for accidents that happened at work
- Information on using this kind of legal service to claim for accidents that happen in a public place
- Information on using this kind of legal service to claim against the NHS or a private healthcare provider for medical negligence
- Information on using this kind of legal service to claim for an injury you received due to a third party causing a road traffic accident
- Useful statistics about this kind of legal service, which demonstrate why it is becoming so popular
- An overview of the types of damages you can claim as part of your compensation claim, covering both general damages and special damages. As well as information on typical amounts of compensation paid in the form of a table
- The steps you need to take to make a compensation claim, and why we believe that the personal injury claims service operated by Accident Claims UK is the best way to make a claim
If you have any questions about this guide or need additional information, then please contact Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this page, and we will do our best to assist you further.
What Do No Win No Fee Solicitors Do, and What Can They Do For Me?
If you arrange for your legal representation through a No Win No Fee agreement, problems such as having insufficient funds to pay legal fees to make a claim are entirely negated. Furthermore, for complex claims, like No Win No Fee medical claims, no matter how long the claim takes to settle, you would not need to pay ongoing legal fees as the case progresses.
When it comes to strongly contested claims like cases against an employer who does not admit fault, an experience No Win No Fee employment solicitor will know how to shape your case to ensure you have the best chance of winning.
What Are Conditional Fee Agreements?
When answering what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims, if we look at the meaning of a No Win No Fee agreement and Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), these are entirely interchangeable. A CFA is defined under UK law by the Government. A full description of what a CFA is and the legislative framework they operate within can be found at the link below:
Why Were No Win No Fee Claims Created?
In 1995, the provision for a CFA fee structure across a limited range of cases was established under UK law. In 1998, the range of cases for which CFA are applicable was expanded, and more No Win No Fee solicitors began to offer their services under this fee structure.
In 2000, the Access to Justice Act came into effect, with CFA being the underpinning framework for legal fees to enable the legislation within this act. However, it was not until 2013 that the Jackson Report was embraced, and No Win No Fee accident solicitors became recognisable in the form we find them today.
How Much Can A No Win No Fee Lawyer Charge?
In its current form, the legislation that governs CFA limits a No Win No Fee percentage of the final settlement that a claimant is awarded. However, it is important to note that by using a professional, experienced claims service to make your compensation claim, your final settlement will likely be a lot more than if you had used a general solicitor. This is because injury claim lawyers can leverage their vast experience to maximise the compensation you receive. This is important to know when discovering what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims.
Can I Make A No Win No Fee Claim For An Injury At Work?
Under No Win No Fee solicitors employment law, every employee has the right to work in a safe and healthy environment. Full details on the Health & Safety regulations applicable to all companies in the UK can be found at the following link:
If your employer fails to comply with all applicable Health & Safety regulations, which directly results in an accident causing an injury to an employee or member of the public, then a valid reason to make a personal injury claim could exist.
No Win No Fee Claims For Injuries In A Public Place
When it comes to No Win No Fee solicitors, property legislation about tenant and public safety is the main vehicle used to press a compensation claim. This legislation sets out the responsibilities of building owners regarding the minimum safety standards that need to be maintained. Full details of these regulations can be found at the following link:
No matter the location of your No Win No Fee solicitors East London to Lands’ End, and across the whole of the UK, this legal framework can be leveraged to make a successful compensation claim. That’s good for you to know when learning what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims.
No Win No Fee Solicitors For Medical Negligence Claims
For all capable and experienced No Win No Fee solicitors, medical negligence cases are fairly straightforward. If a medical practitioner can be proven to have failed in their duty of care towards a patient, which has resulted in harm, then it should be possible to claim compensation successfully.
Accident Claims UK has a UK wide team of legal experts able to assist UK residents no matter their location. For example, with our No Win No Fee solicitors in Manchester, residents can arrange a home visit by one of our team covering the Manchester area to begin their claim.
Make A No Win No Fee Claim For A Car Accident
If you were to look at No Win No Fee solicitors reviews, a very high percentage of them would likely comment on a road traffic accident claim. For most, No Win No Fee solicitors car accident claims are typically the most dealt with accident claims simply because this is the most common type of accident in the entire UK every year.
If you can prove that a third party was the cause of a road traffic accident that you were injured in, especially if you have photographic or video evidence to support your claim, then Accident Claims UK can likely help you claim the compensation you are eligible for. Be mindful of this when researching what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims.
Statistics About No Win No Fee Claims
Each year, on average, there are just under 1 million CFA claims made, and this number has been rising steadily since 2008 when only 750,000 CFA claims were made.
Now consider the following:
- There are over 2 million Health & Safety related incidents reported in the UK each year
- There are approximately 14,000 cases of work-related cancer reported each year
- There are over 2,500 deaths due to work-related (usually due to asbestos exposure) mesothelioma reported each year
And the list could go on. The total cost of work-related compensation claims in the UK each year is a little over £14 billion and rising. Many of the claims that add to this cost are made under a Conditional Fee Agreement.
What Can You Include In A Claim?
An important element of the answer to the question, No Win No Fee, how does it work? What exactly you can claim in the form of damages? There are two basic categories of damages, and these are:
- General damages – this covers the suffering, pain, mental anguish and trauma of the original injury. In effect, all of the purely physical aspects of the accident itself and the resulting injury
- Special damages – this covers all financial losses, such as medical fees, travel costs, loss of earnings both past and future, loss of career prospects, and any other monetary losses that have been encountered that can be entirely attributed to the accident and subsequent injury
No Win No Fee Claims Calculator
A further part of the answer to the question “what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims” is, how does a No Win No Fee agreement work? This determines how much you might actually be able to claim. The table below gives a general indication:
|Type of Injury||Severity of Injury||Information||Amount|
|Neck||Severe||Permanent injuries that will be painful, and restrict the movement of the neck.||In the region of £139,210|
|Back||Severe||Permanent injuries that will be painful, and will restrict the movement of the back,||£85,470 to £151,070|
|Hand||Serious||Permanent injuries that will stop the hand working fully.||£27,220 to £58,100|
|Wrist||Severe||Permanent injuries that will stop the wrist working fully.||£44,690 to £56,180|
|Arm||Severe||Permanent damage to the arm causing loss of function of full paralysis.||£90,250 to £122,860|
|Finger||Severe||Permanent damage due to a severe fracture.||Up to £34,480|
|Thumb||Severe||Permanent damage due to a severe fracture.||£18,390 to £32,850|
|Toe||Severe||Permanent damage due to a severe fracture.||£12,900 to £29,770|
|Ankle||Severe||Permanent injuries that will reduce the function of the ankle||£46,980 to £65,420|
|Foot||Very Severe||Permanent damage due to severe foot damage.||£78,800 to £102,890|
|Leg||Severe||Permanent injuries that will vastly reduce the function of the leg, leading to a permanent disability.||£90,320 to £127,530|
How Do I Start A Personal Injury Claim?
Starting a claim is very easy; the process is simple to follow. When you call Accident Claims UK, the following will happen:
- We will ask you questions about your claim. When and where did the accident happen? How was it caused? What is the prognosis of your injury? Have you suffered any financial loss due to the injury? These and other questions will help us to gather all of the information we need to be able to advise you.
- Once we have all of the information we need about your injury, we will evaluate your case. We will take into account all of the factors contributing to the accident and subsequent injury.
- Following our evaluation, we will offer you some free legal advice on what we believe your next step should be. If appropriate, we will offer to take on your claim under a CFA through our personal injury claims service.
Why Make Your Claim With Accident Claims UK?
Accident Claims UK has over three decades of experience in successfully claiming compensation for our clients. We are experienced in every type of personal injury claim. If you need expert legal representation to help you claim against your landlord for housing disrepair, we have No Win No Fee solicitors housing claim experts who can assist you.
Similarly, if you have an accident in a public place owned by the local Government, we have a legal team experienced in making No Win No Fee council claims.
Talk With Us Today
Are you ready to make a compensation claim for a personal injury caused by an accident that was the fault of a third party? If so, then call Accident Claims UK on 0800 073 8801 now. We will take all the details of your claim and offer you some free legal advice on what we think you should do next.
At the link below, you will read about how claims work when using car accident lawyers.
At the link below, you can find out about how the claims process varies for a workplace accident.
At the link below, you could learn about claiming for accidents in public places such as parks.
At the link below, you will find comprehensive information published by the Law Society in the UK, which covers every aspect of the legal framework for making a personal injury claim:
At the link below, you will find a report published by the Health & Safety Executive in the UK, which looks at personal injury claims that are related to Health & Safety issues:
At the link below, you will find basic information about medical malpractice law in the UK published by the Medical Malpractice Centre:
What Are No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claims FAQs
Is there a specific percentage that No Win No Fee solicitors take?
The maximum cap of percentage that solicitors using a No Win No Fee policy could take is 25%. But this doesn’t mean they’re going to take this much compensation. A suitable agreement is agreed based on either percentage or price with the claimant before a settlement being accepted.
Are No Win No Fee claims safe?
Yes. They protect the financial interests of the claimant so that they only pay their solicitor if there’s a victory. At the same time, the personal injury lawyer determines the viability of the case before agreeing to it. And with these terms, they’re more likely to get work. So, it’s a win-win all around.
Could someone cancel a No Win No Fee agreement?
This can be done, but only very early. There is a cooling-off period of 14 days after the claimant agrees to work with the solicitor. And that provides a window for the claimant to cancel the plan if they get cold feet. But after that initial fortnight, the agreement cannot be broken.
How much could I receive for pain and suffering?
That depends on the nature of the injury. A small fracture that heals within a few weeks may result in you receiving a low four-figure amount. But a life-changing injury that brings about constant disruption to your day-to-day life could see you receive five or even six figures.
Thank you for reading our guide that answers the question, “what are No Win No Fee personal injury claims?”