Claiming Compensation Against River Island
On this page, you will find a guide to making a personal injury claim if you have been the victim of an accident in River Island. It should contain everything you need to know about the legal process of making such a claim. It also covers some of the more common types of accidents that can happen in a retail outlet. By reading this guide, you will come to understand the procedure that your solicitor will follow when they process a claim for you.
If you reach the end of this guide, and you still have a number of unanswered questions, then please call Accident Claims UK on 0800 073 8801, and one of our team will give you the answers you need.
Select a Section:
- A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident In River Island
- What Are Accidents And Injuries In A River Island?
- What Are Common Causes Of Accidents And Injuries In River Island?
- Can I Claim Compensation After Being Injured In Slip, Trip, Or Fall In River Island?
- I Was Hurt On An Escalator In River Island, Can I Claim Compensation?
- I Was Hurt In A Storage Or Racking Accident In River Island, Can I Claim Compensation?
- Health And Safety In The Workplace At River Island
- Claiming For Customer Accidents At River Island
- Claiming Compensation For Staff Accidents At River Island
- Case Study: £8,000 For A River Island Workplace Injury
- What Are Special Damages And General Damages? Which Can I Claim For?
- Examples Of How Much Compensation You Could Claim When Injured In River Island
- No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident In River Island
- Why Accident Claims UK Are Best Placed To Conduct Your Claim
- Call The Accident Claims Team Today
- Helpful Resources
A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident In River Island
Below, you will find all of the information and advice you need to begin making River Island accident claims. What you won’t find on this page, is an online personal injury claims calculator, as these generally do not give an accurate idea of the amount of compensation you might receive. We recommend that you call Accident Claims UK on the number at the end of this guide, so we can give you a proper, accurate estimate of the level of damages you might receive. You will have to be ready to make your claim within the three-year personal injury claims time limit, for us to be able to help you. The information below, includes:
- A look at some of the most common types of both accident and injuries that are encountered in injury claims, and how they happen.
- Information covering slip, trip and fall accidents in River Island. What they are, how they happen, and why they are the most common of all accidents leading to personal injuries.
- A discussion of escalator-related accidents in River Island. How these accidents come about, and what the legal position is for people injured on an elevator in a public place.
- A section which takes a look at other types of accidents that can occur in River Island. For example, if you were injured by badly placed, broken or falling storage racks.
- An overview of the Health & Safety obligations that River Island must meet, to safeguard both members of the public and employees.
- An overview of the legal process of claiming compensation as a member of the public who has been injured in an accident in River Island.
- An overview of the legal process of claiming compensation as an employee of River Island, who has been injured in a work-related accident.
- A list of the types of damages that slot into the main categories of special damages and general damages, that you may be able to claim for if you are injured in a River Island Accident.
- A table that details some of the common types of injuries that people sustain in accidents in retail shops, and the typical amount of compensation they attract.
- An introduction to the Accident Claims UK claim service, and also the Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) that we base our fee structure on.
Although we have tried to include all of the information you need in this guide, you might have additional questions. If you do, call Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this guide, and one of our team will help you.
What Are Accidents And Injuries In A River Island?
Accidents and injuries in River Island are caused by a wide range of problems. Whenever a member of the public or an employee is injured in an accident, if the store owner is to blame, then a reason to claim compensation could exist. A personal injury solicitor would attempt to claim compensation from the company that operates the shop.
Every building operator in the UK that has members of the public, or a workforce on-site, is required by law to maintain a safe environment at all times. This legislation is part of the Occupiers Liability Act of 1984. On top of this, River Island also needs to comply fully with all Health & Safety regulations that apply to the retail trade. If compliance slips for some reason, and it leads to an accident, then River Island would be liable.
What Are Common Causes Of Accidents And Injuries In River Island?
There is a very wide range of reasons why accidents can happen in River Island. However, some causes occur much more frequently than others, and this includes:
- Spilt liquids – or some other substance that can cause a person to slip, such as food. Under UK legislation, every property owner is required to clean up spills as soon as possible. If they cannot be cleaned in a short period of time, then a warning sign must be placed on the affected area of flooring.
- Cleaning up – when a member of staff is cleaning part of the shop, this can cause slip and trip hazards. It is a legal requirement that all cleaning operations are marked with a hazard sign, to warn customers the area is being cleaned. Boxes and other objects can fall, injuring a customer.
- Tripping over items – if something has fallen off a rack or a display stand, it can become a trip hazard for customers.
These are some of the main causes of accidents in River Island; there are more. If you have been injured in some way in River Island, call Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this page to find out how we can help.
Can I Claim Compensation After Being Injured In Slip, Trip, Or Fall In River Island?
River Island slips, trips, and falls are the most common accidents of all. They can happen in so many ways, inside the store, or outside in the customer parking area. Some of the typical ways these accidents can occur are:
- Slipping – on a wet or dirty floor, that has not been clearly marked with a warning sign.
- Tripping – on damaged floor coverings, such as warped wooden floorboards, frayed carpets and cracked tiles.
- Falling -due to stepping into a pothole, or on a broken paving slab in the customer car park.
These are just a few of the ways that slip, trip and fall accidents can happen in River Island. In many cases, Accident Claims UK can help you to claim compensation for tripping in a River Island store.
I Was Hurt On An Escalator In River Island, Can I Claim Compensation?
Claiming compensation against River Island for an escalator accident in River Island is possible, but there are extenuating circumstances that could confuse the issue. For example, if the elevator was malfunctioning in some way, due to an ineffective repair, it could be that the company responsible for maintaining the escalator is liable, and not the shop owner. However, in these types of cases, Accident Claims UK would first seek compensation from River Island. If the company that owns River Island refutes the fact that they are liable, and passes blame to the maintenance company, then the claim would need to be made against the maintenance company.
This is a great example of just why it is important to engage a team of solicitors that are experienced in making personal injury claims. What should be a simple claims case, can become complex, as both River Island and the escalator maintenance company may say that they are not at fault. Your solicitor would need to solve this conflict, before being able to successfully claim compensation for you.
I Was Hurt In A Storage Or Racking Accident In River Island, Can I Claim Compensation?
River island has to comply with all Health & Safety legislation that pertains to the safe use of racking in a storage area, or on the shop floor. These guidelines can be found at this link:
If River Island fails to comply with all of these regulations, and this slip in compliance leads to an accident injuring a member of the public, then it should be possible to make River Island accident compensation claims. The same is true if employees of River Island are injured in a storage rack related accident. Accident Claims UK should be able to process a claim for the employee.
Health And Safety In The Workplace At River Island
The graph above shows the percentage of work hours lost due to sickness and injury by market sector in the UK. River Island, as a retail company, would fit into the private category.
River Island must conform to multiple layers of legislation, designed to protect members of the public and employees. Initially, there is the Occupiers Liability Act 1984, a generic set of legislation that applies to all business owners. Additionally, River Island has to conform to all Health & Safety legislation in the UK related to retail stores. For example, the legislation found at this link, regarding safety for employees working at a height (i.e. filling shelving using a ladder):
Compliance with all of this legislation is closely monitored. Failures in compliance can lead to hefty fines being levied against the company that owns the River Island brand. Additionally, when an accident occurs due to this slip in compliance, the company would be liable to pay compensation for any injuries caused. Accident Claims UK can help you to make accident at River Island claims, by proving that a failure in Health & Safety protocols led to your injuries.
Claiming For Customer Accidents At River Island
In the previous section, we covered all of the legal obligations that River Island has, with regard to keeping the public and employees safe. If you are a customer who has been injured in an accident, and the accident was due to River Island failing in their safety obligations, you will likely have a valid reason to make a claim. In order to have the best chance of winning compensation, you can take the steps below:
- Gather evidence, such as taking photographs of the cause of the accident.
- If there were witnesses to the accident, get their contact details.
- Make sure you receive proper medical attention.
- Ensure that you have reported the accident to River Island. Reporting an accident in a shop is an important step.
- Contact Accident Claims UK to process your claim.
Claiming Compensation For Staff Accidents At River Island
As an employee, if you suffer a personal injury in a shop due to an accident that was the fault of the store operator, then you should be able to make a compensation claim. The steps outlined for members of the public would also be useful for you to follow. Additionally, you want to make sure that you have filled in the company accident book, to officially report your accident.
Case Study: £8,000 For A River Island Workplace Injury
In this case study, a young member of staff suffered a head injury whilst they were working on the window display of the store. The worker was required to climb a staircase, with a pair of trap doors at the top, to gain access to the window display area. These doors weighed some 15kg each. Whilst working on a clothing dummy in the window display, the doors fell, and hit the employee on the head.
Following this accident, the employee suffered symptoms such as headaches, tiredness and pain that was unresponsive to painkillers. A doctor diagnosed this as post head injury syndrome. The employee was unable to return to work for 8 months.
A claim was made, and it was found that River Island had failed to provide a safe way for employees to access the window display area. River Island admitted this, and the claimant was awarded a total of £8,000 in compensation.
What Are Special Damages And General Damages? Which Can I Claim For?
The types of damages that a compensation settlement is made up of, consists of different types of damages, that fit under the general heading of special and general damages. For example:
- Special damages will include compensation for care costs, travel costs, medical fees, loss of earnings, loss of future earning potential, etc.
- General damages will include compensation for pain, suffering, psychological injury, extended recuperation, permanent disabilities, etc.
Examples Of How Much Compensation You Could Claim When Injured In River Island
To answer the question, I got hurt in a retail store UK how much can I claim? The answer depends upon the specifics of your claim, as each is different. The table below gives a general idea of compensation amounts for different types of injuries.
|Injury Type||How Severe?||Information||Compensation|
|Neck injury||Minor to severe||This can range from simple tissue damage, through conditions such as whiplash, through to permanent damage to the neck.||Up to £130,070|
|Back injury||Minor to severe||From cruising and muscle strain, through long-term back damage, fractures and permanent damage to the back, even paralysis.||Up to £141,160|
|Hand injury||Minor to serious||From simple soft tissue damage through to sprains, fractures and up to the loss of a hand.||Up to £54,290|
|Wrist injury||Minor to severe||From simple damage to the soft tissue, through sprains, fractures and also paralysis of the wrist.||Up to £4,170|
|Arm injury||Moderate to severe||From cuts and abrasions, through fractures and sprains, up to paralysis or amputation of one or both arms.||Up to £114,820|
|Finger injury||Minor to severe||From cuts and bruises, through dislocations and fractures, up to amputation of one or more fingers.||Up to £21,930|
|An injured thumb||Minor to severe||From cuts and bruises, through dislocations and fractures, up to amputation of one or both thumbs.||Up to £48,030|
|Toe injury||Moderate to severe||From cuts and bruises, through dislocations and fractures, up to amputation of one or more toes.||Up to £49,130|
|Ankle injury||Minor to severe||From simple damage to the soft tissue, through sprains, fractures and also paralysis of the ankle.||Up to £61,130|
|Foot injury||Minor to very severe||From simple soft tissue damage through to sprains, fractures and up to the loss of a foot.||Up to £96,130|
|Leg injury||Minor to severe||From cuts and abrasions, through fractures and sprains, up to paralysis or amputation of one or both legs.||Up to £119,230|
No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident In River Island
Accident Claims UK offers a No Win No Fee claims service, for victims of River Island accidents to use to process their claims. There is no charge to start a claim, no charge as we process your claim, and no charge if we fail. You only pay when we receive a compensation payment on your behalf. At this stage, we will deduct our agreed percentage and send you the rest.
Why Accident Claims UK Are Best Placed To Conduct Your Claim
If you have been injured in an accident in shop claim, Accident Claims UK can act as your personal injury lawyer for a compensation claim. Starting a claim is very easy, just call us at the number below. When you do, one of our team will ask you some questions, and once we have the answers, we will offer you some free legal advice on what to do next.
Call The Accident Claims Team Today
If you are ready to begin processing a compensation claim for injuries you sustained in an accident in River Island, then call Accident Claims UK today on 0800 073 8801. One of our team will be available to talk you through the process of starting your claim.
Health & Safety guidelines for working at height can be found at this link:
You can find a page that acts as a portal to all H&S legislation for the retail injury here:
At the link below, you will find a guide to claiming compensation for a head injury:
At the link below, you will find a guide to claiming compensation for an arm injury:
If you have been injured in a supermarket view our guide