Caffè Nero is one of Britain’s largest coffee chains. The brand was founded as a “premium coffee house” in Kensington, London in 1997. Over two decades this has expanded to 556 outlets in the UK, with plans to expand the chain at home and internationally. The brand is ever increasingly popular, winning the “Best Store” and “Best Menu” at the Sweets and Coffee Awards in 2017, having won similar awards in the past as well. The brand is known for its eat in and takeaway menu and specialises in Italian style coffees, hot drinks, paninis and snacks.
Like any other cafe or restaurant Caffè Nero has a duty of care towards its staff and customers. This means that they are responsible for providing customers, staff and other people who use their coffee shops such as delivery people with a safe and hygienic working environment where their health and safety is held in high regard. If someone is injured on a Caffè Nero premises, because of negligence on the part of the company then then they may be held liable for their injuries and have to pay the victim compensation.
If you have been injured in an accident at a Caffè Nero, which was not your fault, you could make a Caffè Nero accident claim for compensation. This could help to provide you with the financial stability to get the best possible care for your injuries. Trust Accident Claims UK to provide representation for your personal injury claim. We are well respected personal injury specialists who provide personal injury solicitors with a huge amount of knowledge and expertise on such cases. Call us today to enquire about making a compensation claim. If you have legitimate grounds for compensation, we will estimate how much money you could claim and will provide you with the right personal injury solicitor to win your compensation case. Call us today, to see how much you could claim.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident At A Caffè Nero
- What Is An Accident In A Caffè Nero?
- Am I Eligible To Claim Compensation For My Accident At A Caffè Nero?
- Accidents And Injuries In A Coffee Shop
- How Much Compensation Will I Get For A Caffè Nero Hot Drink Burn?
- Slips, Trips And Falls Injury
- Caffè Nero Accident At Work Injuries, Can I Claim?
- Can I Claim Compensation For Food Poisoning In A Branch Of Caffè Nero?
- What Steps Should I Take If I Am Injured At Caffè Nero
- I Was Injured In A Caffè Nero, What Can My Compensation Claim Include?
- Accident And Injury Compensation Calculator
- No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For An Accident At A Caffè Nero
- How To Claim Compensation For An accident At Caffè Nero
- Additional Helpful Guides And Information
In this guide, we will define what an accident at a cafe is, look at the different sorts of coffee shop accidents that customers, staff and others claim compensation for and will also advise you on what to do if you are injured in Caffè Nero. You can also use our accident claims calculator to estimate how much compensation you could potentially claim. We will advise you on how to get started with making your Caffè Nero compensation claim if you have suffered an avoidable incident there which has caused you an injury and will explain the benefits of making a no win no fee claim.
If you have suffered an avoidable accident in a Caffè Nero, which was caused because of negligence on the part of Caffè Nero and resulted in you becoming injured or ill then you could be entitled to claim compensation from the company. Call Accident Claims UK to see if you are entitled to claim. We can estimate how much your compensation claim could potentially be worth and will provide you a personal injury solicitor that has the right experience of handling coffee shop and cafe claims, to represent your personal injury case. If you have legitimate grounds to claim compensation from Caffè Nero, we are here to help. Call us right now to start your claims process.
An accident in a cafe is when an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in injury, an illness or damage, in a cafe or coffee shop. In order to be able to pursue a claim for an accident that has happened there needs to be grounds for breach of duty. Caffè Nero is a large successful company, which should uphold high standards of health and safety in their coffee shop. If for any reasons these standards slip or they breach their duty of care they owe to their customers and staff alike and in-turn someone suffers an injury they could be held liable. What’s more, if you are awarded a compensation package, your payment will not only compensate you for the “pain, suffering and loss of amenity that you have suffered” but will also cover the costs of any treatment or care you may need as a result of your injury. Compensation may be needed for securing the funds you will need as a result of your injuries or illnesses. If you believe you may be entitled to claim compensation from Caffè Nero, call Accident Claims UK today to enquire about Caffè Nero accident claims.
To make an effective compensation claim for an accident at a cafe or coffee shop, your personal injury solicitor will have to prove the following:
- That the coffee shop owed you a duty of care, i.e. that you were a customer or employee of the coffee shop, or another person with reason to use their business premises such as a self employed repair person or health inspector. A duty of care, means that the coffee shop was responsible for providing you with a safe and hygienic environment in which to dine, visit or work.
- That the coffee shop violated their duty of care towards you through a negligent action or inaction, which caused an avoidable coffee shop accident, which resulted in you becoming injured or ill. This could be negligence on the part of a member of staff, the management of a single branch or the company as a whole.
- That the accident was the cause of your illness or injury, for example that your injury was not due to an existing medical condition or another accident you have suffered.
If you make a Caffè Nero compensation claim, your personal injury lawyer will consult you in depth and use a medical report to gather evidence to support your claim.
Here are some examples of accidents that could happen in a coffee shop;
- Slip, trip and fall injuries: hazards on the ground could cause slip, trip and fall injuries in cafes and coffee shops. For example if a drink is spilled on the ground and not immediately mopped up and sign posted, this can cause customers or busy staff to slip on it. Similarly, a broken or damaged floor could cause a slip, trip or fall.. Slip and fall injuries can have serious consequences, such as causing broken or fractured bones.
- Coffee shop Burns: They could be caused by customers being served hot drinks at a temperature that is too hot, or staff being burned on machinery, amongst other hazards.
- Food Poisoning: Food poisoning at coffee shops could be caused by food being served that is past its use by date or has not been properly stored or prepared.
- Damaged and/ or broken furniture: Damaged or broken furniture could fall underneath the weight of a customer, causing them to fall backwards and hurt their backs. In more serious cases, customers or staff can be crushed by falling furniture which hasn’t been properly secured to the wall.
Depending on the severity of the burns injury you suffered will ultimately depend on how much compensation is awarded in your case. We will now look at the sorts of burns injuries that can be caused by an accident at a cafe or coffee shop, in more detail.
Burned By A Hot Drink At Caffè Nero Can I Claim?
Employee Burns By A Hot Drink
How can an employee experience a burn at a coffee shop? Employees can be burned at coffee shop due to faulty coffee making appliances, lack of training, messy work areas which result in slips or trips, causing them to spill a hot drink on themselves. If you have been injured because of hot drinks burning or scalding you, while you were at work in Caffè Nero, call Accident Claims UK today to enquire about claiming compensation.
Coffe Shop Customer Burn
If you have experienced a hot drink burn, you could be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. For example, you could have been handed hot coffee or tea in a paper cup without a protective sleeve on it. The heat could have caused you to drop it on yourself, or drop it on another person and cause a burn or scald. If beverages are served at too hot a temperature, then this can cause the customer to burn or scald their mouth.
Burned By Hot Foods
If food is served at too hot a temperature it can cause customers to burn or scald their mouths. If you have been burned by food that was heated to an irresponsible temperature, you could be able to pursue a claim.
If you have been burned at Caffè Nero, in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to claim compensation. Call Accident Claims today, to enquire about making a Caffè Nero injury claim.
If you have suffered a slip, trip or fall injury at Caffè Nero, because of an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to claim personal injury compensation. What could cause a slip and fall accident at a coffee shop? A common cause of slip and fall accidents at restaurants and coffee shops is food or drink being spilled onto the floor, and not being immediately mopped up and sign posted. This can cause customers or staff to fall and injure themselves. This can be especially dangerous in a staff kitchen area, as a staff member can instinctively reach for an appliance, pulling it onto themselves as they fall. Falls can also be caused because of railings coming loose beneath a customer, causing them to fall down the stairs, or due to a raised area. Serious injuries of a slip, trip or fall accident can include fractured or broken bones. Call Accident Claims UK today, to see if you are entitled to make a personal injury claim for your injuries.
If you are an employee at Caffè Nero, the company has a legal duty of care to protect you while you are working. This means that they must provide you with a hazard free environment, which is safe and hygienic. If you are injured because of negligence on the part of the company, Caffè Nero could be held legally liable for your injuries and have to pay you compensation as a result. Your employer could also be fined for violating health and safety regulations. Coffee shops can be incredibly busy places, which mean that employees often have to go as quickly as they can in order to meet customer demand. This however is no excuse to neglect proper standards of health and safety. If you have been injured by neglected health and safety standards whilst working at Caffè Nero you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim for your injuries.
Caffè Nero is a popular and well established chain of coffee shops. All coffee shops should follow the Food Standards Agency’s rules about how to properly prepare and store food. Staff must be trained to high standards to ensure that this is done properly. If a coffee shop neglects its duty of care towards its customers and does not practice proper standards of food safety then this can result in guests contracting food poisoning. Signs of food poisoning can include a high temperature, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, headaches and weakness. If a sufferer is experiencing serious signs of food poisoning, this can lead to them being hospitalised. You could make personal injury claim for compensation, if you contracted food poisoning because of negligence on the part of a coffee shop. Call Accident Claims UK today, to enquire about using a no win no fee solicitor to make your personal injury claim.
If you are injured at Caffè Nero, you should of course seek the appropriate medical attention and make this a priority if you are seriously injured. However, you can also take certain steps to collect evidence to support your claim. We will look at these below:
- Photograph the hazard that caused your injury.
- Photograph your injury, to serve as visual evidence.
- If you are a customer, keep your receipt to serve as evidence of this fact.
- Speak to eyewitnesses and take down their contact details. They may be required to give evidence at a later stage.
- Report your injury to the coffee shop’s manager and make sure that they record it accurately in the accident log book.
- Keep all of your receipts for expenses relating to your injuries. You may be able to claim these expenses back as special damages and they can also serve as evidence to support your claim.
Your Caffè Nero compensation claim can include the following:
- General damages: General damages serve to compensate you for your injuries and the effects they have had on your life. These tend to be the largest part of your claim.
- Medical expenses: Your medical expenses will cover the costs of any medical treatment you needed as a result of your accident, as well as ongoing costs.
- Care claim: These expenses will cover your care costs relating to your injuries.
- Travel expenses: If you had to take a taxi to the hospital, pay for hospital parking or arrange alternative transport while you were recovering from your injuries, you can claim these as your travel expenses.
- Loss of income: If you missed out on any salary or company benefit payments because you were unable to work as a result of your injuries, you could claim for these missed payments as loss of income.
See our calculator below to see an estimation of how much you could potentially claim in general damages for your injuries. To get a quote which is tailored to the personal circumstances of your accident, call Accident Claims UK today.
|Injuries will scale from severe soft tissue damage, fractures, dislocations, fractures or damage to discs in the cervical spine to permanent spastic quadriparesis.
|Up to In the region of
|Minor to Moderate
|Injuries will scale from full recovery in 3 months, soft tissue damage, exacerbated a pre-existing condition, disc lesion, cervical spondylosis to severe fractions and dislocation.
|Up to £38,490
|Injuries will scale from disc lesions or fractures of discs or of vertebral bodies, nerve root damage to severe damage to the spinal cord.
|Up to £160,980
|Minor to Moderate
|Injuries will scale from soft tissue, sprains, strains, ligament and muscle damage to compression/crush fracture of the lumbar vertebrae.
|Up to £38,780
|Minor to Serious
|Injuries will scale from soft tissue damage, frozen shoulder to significant disability.
|Up to £48,030
|Injuries will scale from significant disability, injuries to the elbow, fractures of the forearm, serious fractures to injuries that short fall of amputation.
|Up to £130,930
|Minor to Moderate
|Injuries will scale from elbow injuries to fractures.
|Up to £12,590
|Very minor to Severe
|Injuries will scale from soft tissue injuries, sprains, displaced fractures, permanent disability to complete loss of function in the wrist.
|Up to £59,860
|Injuries will scale from significant impaired function to reduced 50% capacity.
|Up to £61,910
|Minor to Severe
|Injuries will scale from hip replacement, hip surgery, permanent disability, fractures leading to degenerative changes, fracture dislocation to extensive fractures of the pelvis.
|Up to £130,930
|Less Serious to Moderate
|Injuries will scale from fractures of the tibia and fibula, fracture of the femur, incomplete recovery to multiple fractures.
|Up to £39,200
|Moderate to Severe
|Injuries will scale from dislocation, torn cartilage or meniscus, instability or deformity, permanent, limiting movement to serious knee injury and disruption of the joint.
|Up to £96,210
|Modest to Severe
|Injuries will scale from sprains, twists, soft tissue, fractures, ligament tears to significant residual disability.
|Up to £50,060
|Modest to Severe
|Injuries will scale from simple metatarsal fractures, permanent deformity, leading to continuing pain from traumatic arthritis to severe degloving, extensive surgery, heel fusion.
|Up to £70,030
|Effects will be reduced by plastic surgery but will leave cosmetic disability.
|£9,110 to £30,090
|Minor small scars.
|£1,710 to £3,530
|Serious but Short Lived
|Diarrhoea, vomiting, disturbance of bowel function.
|£9,540 to £19,200
At Accident Claims UK, all of our clients can make a no win no fee claim. This means that if you wish to sue for your accident at a coffee shop, you will not have pay an upfront fee to your solicitor. Instead you pay your fees if and when you win. If you do not win your claim, you will not have to pay any fees. This means that there is no financial risk to you, which makes your claim even less stressful. Call Accident Claims UK today to enquire about making a no win no fee Caffè Nero injury claim.
If you were an employee burned at Caffè Nero, suffered a slip trip and fall injury, or you were a customer at Caffè Nero who suffered food poisoning, you could be entitled to make a Caffè Nero accident claim, if the accident was not your fault. Call Accident Claims UK today, to see if you are entitled to claim compensation. Call us today on 0800 073 8801 to begin your accident at a Caffè Nero claim.
Restaurant Accident Compensation Claims Guide
Learn more about how to seek damages for harm caused in a restaurant.
Pub Or Bar Accident Claims; Are You Eligible To Make A Claim?
Pub and bar accident claims calculator
How Much Compensation Can I Claim For Stress At Work?
If you have suffered stress in the workplace, see how personal injury claims work.
Edited By Mel.