If you have been the victim of tummy tuck negligence, you may rightly be thinking about making a personal injury claim. From bad tummy tuck scars to severe tummy pain, there are many things that can go wrong with this procedure. At Accident Claims, we have helped many people launch tummy tuck negligence claims.
You can reach us on 0800 073 8801 to discuss your case. But, before you do so, continue reading to find out more about this type of claim.
Select a section
- A Guide To Claiming For Tummy Tuck Negligence Claims
- What Is A Tummy Tuck?
- Tummy Tuck Risks
- The Most Common Problems Following A Tummy Tuck
- What To Do If You Have Tummy Tuck Problems
- Steps To Take If Your Tummy Tuck Goes Wrong
- Do You Have A Case For Compensation If Your Tummy Tuck Has Gone Wrong?
- Can You Claim If You Are Not Happy With The Results Of Your Tummy Tuck
- Claims For Severe Scars After A Tummy Tuck
- DVT Compensation Claims
- Tummy Tuck Infection Claims
- Time Limits On Tummy Tuck Negligence Claims
- What Damages Can I Claim For When Making A Tummy Tuck Negligence Claim?
- How Much Compensation For Tummy Tuck Negligence Claims?
- No Win, No Fee Tummy Tuck Negligence Claims
- Why Choose Accident Claims UK
- Contact Our Team Today
- Useful Links
This guide provides essential reading on tummy tuck negligence claims. Not only do we reveal signs of a bad tummy tuck, but we also talk about how to fix a bad tummy tuck by getting in touch with# the surgeon who treated you.
A tummy tuck, which is also referred to as Abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that improves the shape of a person’s abdomen/tummy area. It involves tightening the abdominal muscles as well as removing fat and excess loose skin. It is designed to get rid of those stubborn fat areas that cannot be removed via exercise.
It is not deemed a quick weight loss fix nor is the procedure typically available via the NHS because it is deemed to be cosmetic surgery. The average cost in the UK is around £4,500 to £6,000.
As is the case with many cosmetic procedures, there are a number of tummy tuck risks worth knowing about. These are as follows:
- Suboptimal aesthetic result
- Inappropriate scarring
- Swelling that will not go down
- Skin discolouration
- Fat necrosis
- Changes in skin sensation, such as numbness
- Poor wound healing
- Skin loss
- Fluid accumulation
- Anaesthesia risks
What can go wrong with tummy tucks? While most tummy tuck procedures occur without problem, there are a number of things that can go wrong which could be due to negligence on the part of a surgeon. Some of the most common problems are as follows:
- Abdominoplasty complications seroma, which is when fluid collects around the abdomen wound
- Puckering of the skin around the incision scar line
- Pain in the stomach area that persists
- Avoidable scarring
- Loss of sensation in the affected area due to nerve damage
- Deformity of the skin contouring because the excess tissue has not been sufficiently removed
- Incorrect repositioning of the belly button
Sometimes, the results of cosmetic surgery are not what were expected. If so, the first thing to do is contact the clinic, especially if you are suffering unexpected symptoms and/or pain. Talk to the surgeon who treated you if you feel the procedure was not carried out correctly, or you are not happy with the results.
Contact the CQC if you have concerns about your care. You could also make a complaint to the General Medical Council (GMC) about the doctor if you feel this is necessary.
There are a number of steps you should take if you have experienced a botched tummy tuck and you are looking to claim for compensation. All of the following will help you to strengthen your case:
- Gather all of the details about the procedure
- Visit a medical professional
- Take photographs, including tummy tuck pictures right after surgery, after a few days, and so on
- Hold onto proof of expenses
Yes, people can make surgery compensation claims for a tummy tuck gone wrong due to medical negligence. However, you will need to prove that the medical company failed in their duty of care towards you.
This depends on the results of the tummy tuck. If a poor job was carried out, or mistakes were made and this has caused a psychological impact, you may be able to claim. If you were simply expecting better results than you received, you may not be able to.
Undergoing a tummy tuck procedure will often result in scarring. However, you would only have the basis for a claim if the scarring is much more excessive than what you were led to believe.
DVT stands for deep vein thrombosis. This is one of the risks associated with a tummy tuck. Your medical history must be carefully considered to determine whether or not you have a greater risk of developing DVT. If this has not been taken into account, you could claim compensation for surgical errors.
If you have contracted an infection after having a tummy tuck because of poor practices, or poor hygiene at the clinic in question, there is a very high chance you could be entitled to compensation. Call us today to find out whether this is so.
There is a lot that needs to be considered when it comes to making a personal injury claim. After all, you want to ensure that you have the best chance of getting the full amount of compensation that you deserve. To do this, one of the most imperative factors that must be considered is the personal injury claims time limit that is in place on all personal injury cases.
So, what is the time limit on compensation claims? Well, you will have three years to make a claim, and this starts from the date of the incident. For example, if you have suffered an injury as the result of a tummy tuck that occurred on December 17th 2016, you will have until December 16th 2019 to file your claim.
It is imperative to note that court proceedings must be issued within this time frame. Nevertheless, there are some exceptions to this rule that you need to be aware of. This relates to incidents whereby injuries have occurred over time, such as tummy tuck injuries that have developed years later. In such instances, it is impossible to pinpoint an accident date, and so the claim period begins from the moment the injury has been diagnosed.
Hopefully, you now have a thorough understanding of why it is so important to claim as soon as possible. However, to do this, you will need to find an experienced solicitor who can fight your corner for you and give you the greatest chance of securing the full amount of compensation you deserve.
When making tummy tuck negligence claims, one of the main things you want to know is how much compensation you are going to be entitled to. We are going to give you a helping hand by giving you a breakdown of how compensation is calculated.
First and foremost, it is pivotal to know that compensation is actually split into two parts. The first part is probably something you are all aware of. This is general damages, which is the amount of money you will get for the injuries you sustained through the negligence of a surgeon. This is calculated using the medical report that is provided by your doctor, and so it is based on the injuries you have suffered, the extent of them, and the impact they are going to have on your daily life.
The other part of compensation is something a lot of people are not aware of, and this is special damages.
What are special damages?
This is the amount of money you are going to receive to compensate you for all of the costs you have encountered because of your injuries. To help you get a better understanding of special damages and the type of things you can claim for, let’s take a look at some of the most common:
- Medical expenses – needless to say, you are likely to have some medical expenses to attend to, whether it is the cost of your prescription or the treatment you have undergone. You could be entitled to claim for these
- Loss of earnings – if you have been left unable to work while you recover, you may be able to claim for any loss of income you have encountered
- Childcare costs – if you have had to seek help in terms of looking after your children while you recover, you could also be able to claim for this
- Travel expenses – travelling to and from the hospital can be expensive and you may be able to claim the expenditure back
How much compensation will I get for a tummy tuck gone wrong 2017, 2018, or any other year? Unfortunately, it is impossible to say without knowing the ins and outs of your case. But, one thing you should be aware of is the fact that compensation is split into two parts – general damages and special damages.
The former is for your suffering while the latter is for any out of pocket expenses you have incurred, such as prescription costs and loss of income.
If you would like a more specific estimate, you can give us a call. Please don’t rely on a personal injury claims calculator, as these only ever give an extremely rough estimate. The best way to get a good understanding is to refer to the table below, which shows the average payout for various injuries relating to a botched tummy tuck.
|The type of injury you have suffered||Some extra notes||The typical payout for this injury|
|Psychiatric Damage||Severe||£48,080 to £101,470|
|Psychiatric Damage||Moderately Severe||£16,720 to £48,080|
|Psychiatric Damage||Moderate||£5,130 to £16,720|
|Psychiatric Damage||Less Severe||£1,350 to £5,130|
|Some scarring on Other Parts of the person||One scar that is noticeable or a number of littler scars||£2,080 to £6,870|
|Some scarring on Other Parts of the person||A number of noticeable laceration scars||£6,870 to £19,930|
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding the level of compensation for surgery gone wrong you could be entitled too. However, if you cannot find the injury that you have sustained in the table above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for more information.
When it comes to making a personal injury claim, there is no doubt that one of the biggest hurdles is the cost that is traditionally associated with solicitors. A lot of people are worried about making a claim because they fear that it is going to be too expensive. Not only this, but there is always the risk that they could end up spending huge sums of money and then the personal injury solicitor may lose their case. These are all understandable concerns. However, it does not need to be this way.
There is no need to threat about the huge risk and costs associated with making a claim, as there is a solution, and this is to use the services of a No Win, No Fee personal injury lawyer. This is a solicitor that agrees that you will only need to pay legal fees if their case is a success. So, let’s take a look at the key benefits associated with going down this route.
- Financial risk minimised – as mentioned earlier, if you go for a solicitor that charges by the hour, there is always the risk that you could spend loads of money and then the solicitor could lose your case. With a No Win, No Fee service, you have the peace of mind that this will not occur, as you will not pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not secure compensation for you
- No huge upfront payment – another benefit associated with a No Win, No Fee service is that you will not be required to make a big payment upfront in order to start the claim process. This is a hurdle that often stops a lot of people from making a claim when it comes to using the services of a traditional solicitor
- You’re guaranteed a good level of service – this payment structure often leads to a better service, and this is because the solicitor in question is impacted by the outcome of your case, as their pay is performance related. Therefore, you can rest assured that they are going to be putting in all of the necessary hard work to give you the greatest chance of getting the money you deserve
- An honest approach – last but not least, you can be confident that a No Win, No Fee solicitor is going to be honest with you. If they do not think that your case is strong enough, they will tell you. They are not going to waste your time, as they do not have anything to gain by simply taking on any old case irrespective of the strength of it
Here at Accident Claims, we are proud to say that all of our panel solicitors work to the No Win, No Fee payment agreement. This means you will always experience the benefits mentioned above when you make a claim via our service.
Have you been involved in an accident caused due a tummy tuck gone wrong? If so, there is a very high chance that you are going to be eligible for personal injury compensation. If you are thinking about making a claim, one of the most critical things you must do is select a premium quality law company. Luckily, you have come to the right place, as that is exactly what you have with Accident Claims. Read on to find out why we are the best choice for you.
- We are experienced – we have a huge degree of experience in the industry. We were set many years ago, and since then we have worked on thousands of personal injury cases and successfully helped thousands of personal injury victims to secure the money they deserve. Therefore, when you choose our service, you can be sure that you are in safe hands. After all, we are bound to have worked on cases like yours before
- No Win, No Fee service– all of our solicitors work to a No Win, No Fee payment structure, which means that you do not need to make a huge upfront payment to start the claim process, and also you are only going to pay legal fees if your case is a success. As the cost of the claim is related to the outcome, the financial risk is reduced by a significant degree. This also assures you of a much better service, as we will give your case the attention it deserves
- We have an impeccable reputation – once you start browsing our website, you will notice that we have an exceptional reputation in the industry. You can read the reviews that have been left by some of our past customers, and we are sure this will put your mind at ease
If you have been injured, why wait? Instead, give Accident Claims a call today to begin the process of getting the compensation you are entitled to. We have an outstanding reputation in the industry as one of the country’s leading law firms, and all of our solicitors work to a No Win, No Fee payment agreement.
Call us today on 0800 073 8801. This is our personal injury claim line, which is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, so you can call at a time that is convenient for you. There are also plenty of other ways for you to get in touch, as you will see through browsing our website.
We hope you have found this guide useful on your quest to discover more information about tummy tuck negligence claims. If you require more assistance, the links below may assist.
This takes you to our guide on medical negligence in general. You will find plenty of information on these sorts of claims, including how to launch one and how much compensation you may receive.
This takes you to the NHS page on tummy tuck procedures. You will find out plenty of information about this procedure, including costs, recovery time, risks and much more.
This takes you to the NHS page on plastic surgery procedures. You will find out plenty of information about the risks, complications, and techniques used, plus much more.