Washington Tyne and Wear Accident Claims Solicitors – No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claims Covering The Washington Tyne and Wear Area

Accident claims solicitors Washington

Accident claims solicitors Washington

By Brett Williams. Last updated 27th August 2021. If you’re considering making an accident claim in Washington, Tyne and Wear and are looking for accident claims solicitors covering Washington, Tyne and Wear, then this guide could be really useful. We’ll explain when you could seek accident compensation, when somebody else could be liable and what you should do following an accident.

Although our accident claims solicitors aren’t based in Washington, they could still help you make a claim. They work on a no win no fee basis and have many years’ experience handling different types of accident claims.

To have your claim assessed for free, call one of our advisors today on 0800 073 8801. Alternatively, to find out more about accident claim solicitors, please continue reading.

Choose A Section

What Is An Accident Claims Solicitor Covering Washington Tyne and Wear?

There are many types of accidents and injuries which could make you eligible for compensation. We can’t list them all in this guide, but we will provide a number of different examples of the more common types of accidents. These include road traffic accidents, medical negligence claims, accidents at work and even criminal injury claims.

The main thing that could make you eligible is if you can show that your injury was a result of an accident caused by somebody else’s negligence and this third party had a responsibility for your health and safety.

When you’ve had your claim assessed by our specialist advisors, you could be connected to one of our team of accident claims solicitors. They provide the following services:

  • Help and advice to assist you with evidence gathering.
  • The compiling of your claim and submission to the defendant.
  • Dealing with all enquiries from the defendant or their legal team.
  • Providing advice on any offer you receive.
  • In very rare instances, where a claim can’t be settled, your accident claim solicitor will represent you in court.

To discuss whether we could help you claim or not, please call our team of advisors today. Please remember to bear in mind that there is an accident claims time limit in the UK. This is usually 3 years from the date of your accident or from when you find out about your injuries.

Accident Claims For Trips, Slips And Falls

One of the most common claims accident claim solicitors handle are those for injuries sustained in a slip, trip or fall. They can happen almost anywhere in everyday life including on the school run, at work, at the gym, in a shop, on a street or in a park.

If you have an accident that was caused by third part negligence which resulted in a breach in the care of duty you were owed and this caused an avoidable injury, you could seek compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your injuries. Somebody else might be liable for your accident if:

  • You fell down a set of stairs because of a broken handrail.
  • A trip was caused by poor lighting that made a trip hazard difficult to see.
  • You slipped on a wet floor caused by a spillage or cleaning but where no warning signs were used.
  • You tripped over cables that were trailed over a walkway such as a corridor.

It’s best to try and photograph the cause of any fall for evidence. You should also report the accident, so it’s recorded in an accident report book which could be used as further supporting evidence.

Accident Claims For Public Place Injuries

When you have an accident in a public place, you might struggle to determine who’s responsible. This could be because you can’t identify who owns the place or property where your accident happened. It could also be because the owner of the property blames the tenant and vice versa.

Before working out who’s to blame, you should photograph the cause of the accident as well as any visible injuries. You should also gather details from any witnesses.

After that you could ask neighbouring businesses or properties to see if they can help identify who is responsible. It might be a local authority, an individual or a business.

Once you have an idea of who you think is to blame, call Accident Claims UK to discuss whether you are able to make a claim or not.

Victim Of Crime Compensation Claims

When you suffer a mental, physical or sexual injury following a criminal act against you, there may be compensation available via the Criminal Injuries Claims Authority (CICA).

The scheme is a government body, so the claims process is not exactly the same as other personal injury claims. Accident claim solicitors are able to help you to ensure your claim is filed correctly, within the schemes own time limits and within the eligibility criteria.

Accident At Work Claims

Any accident at work which is caused by your employer’s negligence could mean you’re eligible to seek compensation for your injuries. Employers are not allowed to discipline you for making a claim and will have insurance in place to cover them for any such claim. Therefore, you shouldn’t be put off from beginning claim.

You may be eligible to begin a claim if you were injured because:

  • You hadn’t been trained on how to complete the task that led to the accident.
  • Your injuries were caused by faulty or poorly maintained equipment.
  • Or if protective equipment such as hard hats or goggles were missing or damaged.

Statistics For Injuries At Work In Sunderland

To demonstrate how prevalent accidents at work in Sunderland are, we’ve provided the table below. It shows accidents reported to the HSE between 2013/14 and 2017/18 in the Sunderland region (which includes Washington).

Location Total – Non Fatal Injuries Total – Non Fatal Injuries per 100,000 workers Fatal Injuries
Sunderland 395 314 0

You can view the full report, covering all areas of the UK, in this HSE report.

Road Traffic Accidents In Washington, Tyne And Wear

Another common type of accident claim is one made for injuries sustained during a road traffic accident. When another road user such as a driver, pedestrian, motorcyclist or cyclist causes an accident to occur, because they were negligent, you could claim for any injuries you sustain.

To help make your claim, you should:

  • Ensure you photograph the scene of the accident before any vehicle is moved.
  • Ask any witnesses for their details.
  • Report the accident to police. This can be done via 101 or online for minor accidents or via 999 in emergencies.
  • Ask the other driver for their details and insurance provider.
  • Visit the local A&E or doctor’s surgery to have your injuries looked at.

To make a claim for a road traffic accident in Washington, Tyne and Wear, call our advisors today.

Clinical Negligence Solicitors Covering Washington Tyne And Wear

You could make a claim for injuries or illnesses caused by medical professionals who’ve acted negligently. They could be deemed negligent if:

  • They fail to diagnose your condition properly when they would have been reasonably expected to do so which causes you to suffer more than you needed to.
  • Correct procedures are not followed during treatment.
  • You suffer illness or side effects because you were given incorrect medication.
  • You became ill through an infection due to poor hygiene.

Claims can be made for injuries sustained during medical or cosmetic treatment against the NHS or private healthcare providers. Medical professionals include; surgeons, GPs, nurses, dentists, beauty therapists, care workers, hospital staff and midwives.

If you‘d like to begin a Washington medical negligence claim, please contact our specialist advisors today.

No Win No Fee Accident Claims Solicitors Covering Washington Tyne and Wear

Some people don’t begin a claim because they’re worried about the costs involved with making a claim. That’s why our accident claim solicitors work on a no win no fee service to reduce the financial risk.

When using a no win no fee solicitor you’ll sign an agreement, know as a conditional fee agreement (CFA) which will show:

  • That there’s no need to pay any fees up front.
  • You won’t pay the solicitor if they fail to win compensation for you.
  • The success fee you’ll pay if they win the case.

The success fee will be limited to 25% by law and is deducted straight from the compensation to save you having to find the funds to pay them yourself.

Talk To Us

Hopefully, now that you’ve read how our accident claims solicitors can cover Washington, Tyne and Wear, if you would like us to represent your case contact us by the following methods:

Remember, we’ll assess your claim for free and provide free accident claims advice about your options.

Frequently Asked Questions

You’ve now read the main part of this guide about accident claims solicitors covering Washington, Tyne and Wear. When you call, you’ll probably have a number of questions regarding our service. To help you before then, we’ve answered some of the more common questions we receive in the following sections.

Could I Make An Accident Claim?

Our panel of accident claims solicitors could take your claim on if:

  • The defendant owed you any type of duty of care.
  • They breached their duty which caused an accident to happen.
  • The accident caused you to suffer an injury or become ill.

After a free initial assessment, if we think your case is strong enough, we could refer it to one of our accident claims solicitors who have experience of up to 30 years’ making accident claims. They all strive to ensure you receive the best level of compensation for your injury and work on a no win no fee basis for any claim they agree to take on.

Do I Need A Local Solicitor?

Nowadays, as communication is so much easier than it was in the past, many accident claims solicitors covering Washington, Tyne and Wear are happy to handle claims by using email or the telephone. This could reduce waiting time as you may not need to attend their office for face to face meetings. It also means that you’ll be able to choose a personal injury solicitor based on their previous experience and specialisms rather than just their office location.

Can I Claim If My Child Has Been Injured?

Nobody wants to see their child injured in any type of accident but sometimes accidents do happen. In the same way that an adult could claim, a personal injury claim might be possible if your child is injured because of somebody else’s negligence. However, they can’t claim compensation themselves. Instead, a parent, family friend or another responsible adult would need to become their litigation friend.

This process means that the adult would deal with courts and solicitors on behalf of the child. Throughout the whole process, they will need to have the child’s best interests at heart. If the claim is successful, any compensation would be placed into a trust fund managed by a court. They would review the settlement first to check that it is appropriate for the child’s injuries.

Funds can be requested from the fund by the litigation friend up until the child turns 18. If the court agrees the funds will benefit the child then they will release them.

What Time Limits Apply In Personal Injury Claims?

For most personal injury claims there is a 3-year time limit. This will either begin from the date of the incident or accident or from the date the claimant was made aware of their injuries. Where a child is claiming (or an adult without the mental capacity to claim), the 3-year time limit does not apply. If a child’s injuries are not claimed for, a 3-year time limit will apply from when they become 18-years old.

Do I Need To See An Expert Doctor?

An independent medical assessment is a key part of any personal injury claim. That’s because the amount of compensation you’ll receive is directly linked to the severity of your injury. Therefore, a personal injury lawyer will always send you to a doctor for an assessment.  The doctor will ask a number of questions and perform the assessment and then prepare a report. This will demonstrate how severe your injuries were, how you were affected at the time and how you might be affected in the future.

The report, along with any other medical evidence, will be used as a basis for your compensation claim.

Where Will I See A Doctor?

We always try to ensure you don’t travel too far for your medical assessment. We do this by having a panel of doctors around the UK. In the Washington, Tyne and Wear area we could use:

Rizwan Shafiq
4 Admiral Way,
Sunderland, SR3 3XW.

Ian Watson
Millfield Medical Centre,
63-83 Hylton Road,
Sunderland, SR4 7AF.

Resources For Washington Tyne and Wear

Now that you’ve completed this guide about accident claims solicitors covering Washington Tyne and Wear, we’ve decided to provide you with further information by including the guides, links and resources below.

Washington Police – Information about how to contact the local police in Washington to report accidents.

Court Finder – Find the local court for Washington, Tyne and Wear.

Reporting Workplace Accidents – Information from the HSE about when accidents at work have to be reported to them.

Whiplash Injury Claims – A guide which explains when you could claim for whiplash caused by a car accident or road traffic accident.

Clinical and Medical Negligence – Information on when and why you could claim medical negligence compensation.

Slip, Trip, Fall Accidents – This guide explains when slip, trip or fall accidents could lead to an accident claim.

Article by BH edited by Mel.