Compensation For Botched Dermal Fillers And Lip Fillers
On this page, you will find a detailed guide to the process of making a claim for dermal filler compensation as a result of a botched cosmetic surgery procedure. If you suffered at the hands of a cosmetic surgeon, then a reason to make personal injury claims may well exist.
If you were the victim of a bad cosmetic surgery procedure, you can call Accident Claims UK on 0800 073 8801 now. We will explain the claims process to you, and help you begin your claim.
Select a Section:
- A Guide To Dermal Filler Compensation Claims
- What Are Dermal And Lip Fillers?
- Statistics For Lips and Dermal Filler Applications In The UK
- What Are Dermal Fillers Commonly Used For?
- Am I Eligible To Make A Dermal Filler Compensation Claim
- What Should You Do If You Have A Botched Dermal Filler
- Starting Your Botched Dermal Filler Claim
- Compensation For Allergic Reactions To Dermal Fillers
- Claiming Compensation When You Signed A Waiver
- Compensation Claims When Your Filler Was Not Carried Out By A Nurse
- What Are The Most Common Injuries From Dermal Fillers
- Botched Dermal Filler Compensation Claims Calculator
- No Win No Fee Lip And Dermal Filler Compensation Claims
- How Accident Claims UK Can Help You Make A Dermal Filler Compensation Claim
- Speak To Us Today For Free Advice
- Helpful Resources
A Guide To Dermal Filler Compensation Claims
If you need to make a personal injury claim for a botched cosmetic surgery procedure, this guide offers information and advice that you need to understand the claims process your lawyer will be following on your behalf. It doesn’t contain a personal injury claims calculator tool, as these can be inaccurate and often give claimants a false idea of the amount of compensation they might receive.
The guide, however, has lots of important information such as the details of the personal injury claims time limit and contains information such as:
- A definition of just what dermal fillers and lip fillers are, and how they are used in cosmetic procedures
- Key statistics about cosmetic procedures in the UK, the most popular procedures, and those that can go wrong
- A discussion of the eligibility of a claiming to actually make a compensation claim for a botched cosmetic procedure
- Steps you should take if you have suffered at the hands of a cosmetic surgeon, to ensure you have the best chance of making a successful compensation claim
- Information on how to actually begin a claim for compensation against a cosmetic surgeon
- Key information on allergic reactions to cosmetic procedures, and the eligibility of a victim to make a compensation claim
- Information on the status of making a claim, if you signed a waiver prior to your cosmetic surgery taking place
- Information on making a compensation claim in cases where the dermal filler was implanted by an unqualified person
- A list of the most common types of injuries that a botched dermal filler procedure can lead to
- An overview of the types of damages you might be able to claim as the result of an injury caused by a botched cosmetic procedure
- A table that contains information about the typical amounts of compensation that a claimant might receive for a range of injuries
- An introduction to the No Win No fee claims service operated by Accident Claims UK, as well as the reasons why we believe this service is the best way to make a claim for botched cosmetic surgery
What Are Dermal And Lip Fillers?
Dermal fillers and lip fillers are used to add body and volume to a specific part of the body, such as the lips. If you are the victim of a dermal filler gone wrong, you could be entitled to use a personal injury lawyer to claim compensation. Typical types of fillers used are:
- Collagen – this used to be the most popular type of filler, but it is used less these days as other, newer options are deemed more effective
- Hyaluronic Acid – a newer type of dermal filler which has slowly taken over from the older Collagen filler
Both these types of filler can and do, produce side effects, especially if the initial procedure to implant them was botched in some way. If you have suffered due to the side effects of a dermal filler implant, call Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this page to make a claim.
Statistics For Lips and Dermal Filler Applications In The UK
As can be seen from the graph above, a face-lift is one of the most common surgical procedures performed which often use a dermal filler. If the face-lift is botched, you may be able to engage a personal injury solicitor to make a dermal filler injury claim for compensation against a negligent third party.
Indeed, several of the procedures above rely on some type of dermal filler. In 2015 alone, over 50,000 cosmetic procedures were performed in the UK, and although most of these were successful, a small percentage led to some kind of health problem for the patient.
What Are Dermal Fillers Commonly Used For?
To answer the question, are dermal fillers safe? there is a need to consider which type of filler is being used, and what the filler is being used for. Typically, dermal fillers are used for several reasons, such as:
- Removing wrinkles – dermal fillers can be injected into the wrinkled area, and the additional bulk will cause the wrinkles to flatten out
- Hiding scars – for some types of scars, injecting a dermal filler beneath them will cause the scar to stretch, and become less noticeable
- Adding bulk – dermal fillers can be injected into the lips to make them larger or implanted into the cheeks to being back facial structure that has been lost due to sagging
If you had your lips enhanced using dermal filler and it has gone wrong, you could be able to claim compensation. If the filler was used some other way, and the procedure was botched, you could be able to claim compensation for dermal filler mistakes. Call Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this page to proceed.
Am I Eligible To Make A Dermal Filler Compensation Claim
Whether you are eligible to make dermal fillers claims, would depend on how the problem came about. To claim lip filler and implant compensation, you need to prove that the cosmetic surgeon who carried out the procedure, made some kind of mistake. Typical errors can include:
- A botched surgical procedure – actual physical mistakes made during the process of injecting or implanting the dermal filler
- Harm caused through oversight – such as failing to advise you of any particular side effects, or failing to ask you if you have any specific allergies
- Harm caused through wrong advice – such as telling you that a specific type of filler is safe to use, once you have disclosed any allergies you have
What Should You Do If You Have A Botched Dermal Filler
In answer to the question, do fillers ruin your face? the answer is sometimes, yes, they can. And in these cases, you might be able to claim compensation for dermal filler injuries. There are a number of steps you can take to make sure you have the best chance of winning such a claim, such as:
- Take photographs of the injury you sustained so that they can be competed to photographs taken before the dermal filler was used, to support your case
- Get a medical opinion from a specialist. Accident Claims UK can arrange for a local examination if needed
- Detail the event leading up to the mistakes made, particularly the advice you were given by the cosmetic surgeon
- List losses – make a list of all financial losses, such as loss of income, travel costs and medical expenses
Starting Your Botched Dermal Filler Claim
If you need to make a compensation claim for a medical problem caused by Botox and dermal fillers, such as a botched lip filler procedure, you can call Accident Claims UK on the number at the bottom of this page to begin your claim. When you do, we will ask you questions, such as these below, to get a better idea of your claim:
- What is the medical problem the dermal filler caused?
- What problem caused the medical condition?
- Who was the cosmetic surgeon who carried out the procedure?
- Have you seen an independent doctor about the problem?
- Does your doctor believe the cosmetic procedure is reversible?
- Does your doctor believe you will have long-term or permanent scarring due to the problem?
These questions and more, will help us to get a better idea of how to proceed with your compensation claim. Once we have all the information we need, we will give you some free legal advice on what we think your next step should be.
Compensation For Allergic Reactions To Dermal Fillers
If you have been the victim of botched lip filler, guy or girl, the compensation you may be able claim for botched lip fillers depends on the type of damage you sustained. However, you could claim the following:
- General damages – this covers all of the aspects of the medical condition that are physical. So, pain and trauma of the injury, as well as psychological damage such as depression and anxiety
- Special damages – everything that is not related to the physical injury itself. So, financial losses such as travel costs, medical expenses, loss of earnings due to missed days off work, etc
Claiming Compensation When You Signed A Waiver
If the photographs of bad lip fillers before and after show a significant injury, and even though you have had lip filler infection treatment, you still have significant cosmetic damage, then the fact you have signed a waiver does not indemnify the cosmetic surgeon against all claims.
If the cosmetic surgeon who performed the process made a mistake or was negligent in some way, then despite having signed a waiver, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Compensation Claims When Your Filler Was Not Carried Out By A Nurse
If you found your cosmetic clinic through an internet search such as “lip fillers near me”, you may have found a clinic staffed by unqualified people. If due to this lack of qualification, the lip filler became infected, and even after you have taken antibiotics for lip filler infection, the problem still persists, you may have grounds to make a compensation claim.
What Are The Most Common Injuries From Dermal Fillers
When you were evaluating the dermal fillers pros and cons, you probably didn’t find all of the possible side effects that botched dermal fillers could cause. The injuries below are very common:
- Tissue death – caused by a blocked blood vessel
- Temporary or permanent blindness – caused by a blocked blood vessel
- Deformed face or other areas – due to the filler bulking up in the wrong places or moving
- Infection – caused by the filler being injected or implanted using tools that were not sterilised properly
- Minor skin conditions – such as swelling, bruising or itching
Botched Dermal Filler Compensation Claims Calculator
If you have suffered due to the long term effects of dermal fillers and other cheek fillers side effects, the amount of damages you can claim would depend on your specific case. However, the table below gives you a rough indication of how much you might be awarded in compensation.
|Type of Injury||How Severe?||Information||Amount|
|Facial scarring (female)||Minor||Very minor scarring that will only be visible to a person being very close.||£1,300 to £2,675|
|Less Serious||More than minor scarring, that will only be very clearly visible to a person very close.||£3,000 to £10,450|
|Serious||Significant scarring that will be very visible to a person standing close.||£13,650 to £22,875|
|Less Severe||Bad scarring that will be entirely visible to everyone in the room.||£23,000 to £36,800|
|Very Severe||Bad scarring that will be entirely visible at long-range.||£36,800 to £74,000|
|Body scarring (male or female)||Severe||For both sexes, this covers scarring of the body in any area.||£5,950 to £17,275|
|Moderate||For both sexes, this covers scarring of the body in any area except the face.||In the region of £6,575|
|Minor||For both sexes, this covers scarring of the body in any area except the face.||£1,800 to £5,950|
|Facial scarring (male)||Minor||Very minor scarring that will only be visible to a person being very close.||£1,300 to £2,675|
|Less Serious||More than minor scarring, that will only be very clearly visible to a person very close.||£3,000 to £6,925|
|Serious||Significant scarring that will be very visible to a person standing close.||£6,925 to £13,650|
|Less Severe||Bad scarring that will be entirely visible to everyone in the room.||£13,650 to £22,87|
|Very Severe||Bad scarring that will be entirely visible at long-range.||£22,625 to £50,000|
No Win No Fee Lip And Dermal Filler Compensation Claims
Accident Claims UK offers our No Win No Fee claims service as the simplest and most effective way to make a dermal filler compensation claim. Under this type of Conditional Fee Agreement, we will only ever ask you to pay your legal fees when you actually receive a payment for a compensation settlement.
We charge nothing to actually begin the claims process for you. And even if the claim takes many months before it is resolved, we won’t charge you any ongoing fees. And if in the very rare instance of us failing to make a claim for you, then you don’t have to pay us anything at all.
This makes our claims service a financially safe and risk-free way to make a claim for compensation for injuries sustained through the negligence of a third party. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page for more information.
How Accident Claims UK Can Help You Make A Dermal Filler Compensation Claim
If you need to make a claim for a botched cosmetic producer, such as a cheek fillers gone wrong, then Accident Claims UK is a legal team that can help you claim the maximum level of compensation possible.
We have the knowledge and experience the claim significant amounts of compensation on behalf of our clients, without ever doing anything that might endanger your ability to make a claim.
We use plain English to keep you updated on the status of your claim, and we are always available to answer any questions you might have. We have helped thousands of people to claim compensation over the years, and we can help you too. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to find out how.
Speak To Us Today For Free Advice
If you are ready to begin making a claim for compensation for any type of botched cosmetic procedure, then call us on 0800 073 8801 today. We will first spend a little time asking you about your claim, and once we know enough, we will offer you some free legal advice on what we think your next steps need to be.
At this link, you will find information published by the NHS that covers dermal fillers, how they are used, and how their use can lead to side effects and other medical problems:
At this link, you will find general information about cosmetic procedures, published by the NHS.
At this link, you will find a report published by Statista that details core statistics about cosmetic surgery in the UK:
Statists report on cosmetic surgery statistics in the UK
Article by ?