Lanzarote is undoubtedly one of the most popular destinations for Brits. It is not hard to see why either. It has so much to offer, from the beautiful beaches to the impressive hotels. While most people have an incredible break here, there are those that end up coming home disappointed because they have had an accident on holiday in Lanzarote. If this has happened to you, we can help you to get the compensation you deserve. Here at Accident Claims UK, we have years of experience in the industry and we have helped many people in your position. You can give us a call on 0800 073 8801. But before you do this, read on to discover everything you need to know regarding these sorts of claims…
Select A Section
- A Guide To Lanzarote Holiday Accident Claims
- Popular Beaches, Resorts, And Other Destinations In Lanzarote
- What Should I Do If I Suffer An Injury Or Illness In Lanzarote?
- Phone Numbers For Emergency Help And Advice In Lanzarote
- Medical Information And Healthcare In Lanzarote For Tourists
- Time Limits For Holiday Accident Claims In Lanzarote
- Accident Or Illness On A Package Holiday
- Accidents At Your Hotel In Lanzarote
- Food Poisoning And Accidents In Restaurants
- Falls And Slips
- Accidents When Swimming Or Participating In Watersports
- Lanzarote Car Crash And Road Accidents
- Am I Limited To Using A Solicitor Based In Spain?
- No Win No Fee Claims For Accidents On Holiday
- Why Choose To Make Your Claim With Our Holiday Experts?
- How To Get In Touch
- Additional Resources
Dealing With You Accident On Holiday In Lanzarote
Lanzarote has long been a popular place for British tourists. While most people visit Lanzarote without incident, there are some people that have had the misfortune of suffering an injury or illness. If this has happened to you, this guide will reveal everything you need to know. We will take a look at the steps you should take if you have been injured on holiday, as well as the emergency numbers you are going to require. We will also discuss the different circumstances that could lead to a holiday accident claim, for example, road traffic accidents, swimming pool accidents, food poisoning, and more. We will also tell you about our service and how we can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
There are numerous resorts and popular areas for tourists across Lanzarote. However, no matter whether you have stayed in a popular area or you have stayed somewhere off-the-beaten path, we can help you to launch a claim.
Here are some of the most popular resorts in Lanzarote:
- Arrecife – this is the island’s capital
- Playa Blanca
- Costa Teguise
- Puerto del Carmen
- Puerto Calero
- Teguise La Villa
Here are some of the most popular beaches in Lanzarote:
- Playa de la Cera
- Playa de Mujeres
- Playa Caleton Blanco
- Playa Blanca
- Playa de las Conchas
- Playa Flamingo
- Playa de Famara
- Playa Chica
- Playa de Papagayo
- Playa Francesa
If you have had a Canary Islands accident, it is important to take the required steps so that you can build a strong case and give yourself a great chance of securing compensation. This includes the following:
- See a medical professional – The importance of seeking professional medical attention cannot be ignored. This is vital in terms of your wellbeing, but also when it comes to ensuring you can get the compensation you deserve. If you do not see a doctor, you have no way of proving that you were injured in the first place.
- Report the incident – In a lot of cases, it is vital to report the incident. This includes situations whereby you have been involved in a road traffic accident, and the incident is a hazard to oncoming traffic, while it also includes scenarios whereby you have been injured in the hotel or as part of a package holiday. Of course, if you have been injured as part of a criminal act, whether you were the intended target or not, you will need to call the police.
- Contact your insurance company – Hopefully, you have taken out travel insurance before going on holiday! Make sure you call your provider and let them know what has happened at the earliest opportunity.
- Contact your tour operator – If you have been injured while on a package holiday, you should also contact the tour operator as soon as possible to make an official complaint so that there is a record of this.
- Get contact details – If it is possible, you should get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the event as well as the person that caused it.
- Keep proof of costs incurred – Have you encountered added costs because of your injuries? This can be anything from childcare expenses and loss of income to travel costs and prescription expenses. However, in order to make a claim for these types of things you will need to have proof.
If you go on holiday, it is always important to jot down the emergency contact details for the place you are visiting. The good news is that the EU has made this a lot easier by implementing a central line, which can be reached on 112. Therefore, in Lanzarote, you simply need to dial 112 to connect to fire, ambulance, and police services. Moreover, you will find British Embassy details at the end of the guide.
If you need medical attention on an urgent basis while in Lanzarote, please dial 112. In order to access healthcare here, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Firstly, it is imperative that you have travel insurance. No matter where in the world you go, travel insurance is imperative for complete peace of mind. We have all heard about those horror instances whereby tourists have been submitted to hospital and they have received a huge medical bill with no travel insurance or their insurer refusing to payout because they have not selected a valid policy. This is why you always need to choose travel insurance with care. Despite this, though, you could be entitled to free or reduced healthcare while in Lanzarote. This is because the EHIC card is valid here. This is the European Health Insurance Card, which all Brits are entitled to. You can apply for this online via the UK Government website, free of charge. Therefore, if you do not have one already, you should definitely go and make an application today.
One thing a lot of people do not realise is that there is a personal injury claims time limit on all cases. Unfortunately, you do not have the luxury of claiming whenever you like. In most cases, the deadline is three years. However, this can differ, as you will discover from the table below. The best thing to do to avoid disappointment is claim at the earliest opportunity. This will ensure you do not bump into any hurdles in this regard.
|Illness or injury circumstances
|Claiming for an illness or injury in Lanzarote that has occurred during a package holiday.
|Claiming for an illness or injury in Lanzarote that has occurred during a privately booked holiday.
|Varies, but typically one year
|Claiming for an illness or injury in Lanzarote that has occurred during a flight to or from the island.
Types Of Holiday Accident And Injury Claims We Handle
If you have suffered an illness or an injury on a package holiday, you will be able to make a personal injury claim. A lot of people feel that it is going to be difficult to make such a claim, but it is more straightforward than you may expect. This is because regulations were introduced in 1992, which meant that the consumers were given greater protection. In the past, if you were to do an excursion as part of a package holiday, for example, and you were injured, you would need to claim against the local provider. Now, you can claim directly against the tour operator.
We have helped many people to make a claim for an accident that has happened at the hotel they were staying at. There are so many ways that these accidents can occur. Here are a handful of examples:
- Broken furniture claims – If you have been injured because of poor quality hotel room furniture, which has broken, you can claim. Electrical faults and socket issues can be particularly worrying.
- Swimming pool accidents – Swimming pool maintenance is critical at any hotel. If the swimming pool is not cleaned properly or regularly, illnesses can happen.
- Slips, trips and falls – Slips, trips and falls can happen anywhere in a hotel, from the restaurant to the general grounds. In order to make a claim, you need to prove the accident was not your fault. You certainly cannot claim because of your own clumsiness. It is important to note that the car park is still the hotel grounds, and so you can claim for a trip here because of a bad pothole or something of the sort.
- Criminal injuries – If the hotel has been a target of criminal activity, and you have been injured as a consequence, you can make a claim.
- Spa treatments gone wrong – Most hotels offer treatments like massages and facials. If you have booked one of these treatments and the spa staff have been negligent, you can make a claim.
- Gym injuries – You can also make a claim if you have been injured while using gym equipment because it is not been maintained properly.
These are just a handful of examples regarding the different reasons you may need a personal injury lawyer to make a hotel claim. If you have suffered a different type of accident, you can still make a claim.
If you have experienced a Canary Islands illness because of food poisoning, we can help you to make a claim. We can also help you to claim if you have had an allergic reaction because the restaurant did not make it clear that certain allergens were present in the food you consumed. In most incidents, these illnesses are mild and quick recoveries are made. However, there have been cases of food poisoning that have been life threatening, so this is no trivial matter.
Falls and slips are exceptionally common, accounting for the vast majority of personal injury cases all over the world, not just Lanzarote. Falls and slips can happen in many different ways. You could fall while trying to get on or off the aeroplane, or you could slip while in your hotel because of an unmarked wet floor. The scenarios differ dramatically, which is why these claims are so frequently made.
In The Canary Islands and Lanzarote, there is a wide range of land-based and water-based activities that are popular with tourists. This includes everything from hiking and paragliding to banana boats and jet skis. There is something for everyone. However, before you book any sort of activities, it is vital to make sure the provider is insured. If you have been injured will participating in such an activity, you could make a claim if the provider is to blame for what happened. There are a number of ways the activity provider could be at fault. This includes failing to maintain equipment, giving wrong instructions, and failing to carry out the required risk assessments. If you are unsure whether the provider is to blame for what happened to you, simply give us a call. And, as mentioned above, in the hotel section, swimming pool accidents can also result in successful claims. People have gotten ill because of chemical imbalances in swimming pools that have not been maintained properly.
Have you been involved in a Lanzarote car crash? If so, and you have been injured as a consequence, you may be thinking about making a claim for personal injury compensation. This is something that is definitely advised if the accident was not your fault. With that being said, in this section, we are going to take a look at the steps you need to take if you are thinking about claiming after a car crash in the Canary Islands.
- See a medical professional – The first thing you need to do is receive professional medical attention. It is important to get your injuries checked out for two reasons. The first reason is, of course, the fact that you need to take care of yourself and ensure a speedy recovery. The second reason is that you must see a doctor if you are going to claim. This is because they will provide a medical report, which documents your injuries and treatment plan, and this is used to decipher how much money you will get. When it comes to mild car injuries, like whiplash, a lot of people skip this step, but it’s important not to.
- Take photographs – If applicable, it is a good idea to take photographs of any damage to your vehicle as well as the street. You can also take pictures of your injuries if they are visible.
- Get the contact details of any witnesses – If anyone saw the car crash, you should get their contact information. This is because they will be able to provide a witness statement, which is something that can really improve the strength of your case.
- Keep track of all of your expenses – It is likely that you will have suffered a whole host of different costs because of your injury. The good news is that you will be able to claim for all of these when you build your case. However, you are going to need proof if you are to do so.
- Call your insurer and hire company – You may have been using a rental car, in which case you will need to call the hire firm at the earliest opportunity.
How Can Our Expert Team Help You?
A lot of people assume that the only option they have available to them is working with a solicitor based in Lanzarote. However, this is not the case. You can use the services a solicitor based in the UK, which is where our service comes in.
One of the main reasons why Accident Claims UK is popular with people all over the UK is because of our No Win, No Fee approach. There are a number of benefits associated with going down this route. For those who are unaware, No Win, No Fee basically means that you only pay if compensation is successfully secured. If it is not, you won’t be billed. This ensures you are never going to be out of pocket through claiming, which is something a lot of people fret about. We know you do not need any further worry or concern at a time like this, which is why we are proud to only offer a No Win, No Fee service. By doing this, you can be sure that we only take on strong cases and that we will work hard to secure a payout for you.
If you are thinking about claiming after an accident on holiday in Lanzarote, you may be feeling a little bit confused and overwhelmed by the whole process. However, there is no need to panic. The only thing you really need to do is find a quality solicitor who can take you through the entire process and provide you with the top standard service you need to ensure you have the highest chance of getting the full amount of compensation you deserve. This is exactly what you can expect with Accident Claims UK. Here are some of the features of our service…
Experience – The first thing you need to consider when choosing a personal injury solicitor is the level of experience the solicitor boasts. Firstly, you will want to ensure that they have been working as a personal injury solicitor for a couple of years at least, as you don’t want them to be learning on the job. Aside from this, it is a good idea to discover whether the solicitor has worked on cases similar to yours before. For instance, if you have been involved in a swimming pool accident, there is no point going for a solicitor that specialises in workplace accident claims. Luckily, here at Accident Claims UK, we have a big pool of solicitors and we will match you to those with specialist experience.
Easy process – Our claims process is really straight forward. Simply follow the steps below:
|Contact our team by email, phone, or post.
|Our team will assess your claim.
|Once you are ready, we can then start your claim.
UK based and registered – People simply assume that their solicitor is UK based and registered. This is not always the case. However, it is something you can be sure of at Accident Claims UK.
Cost – Of course, you will need to make sure you can afford the solicitors’ fees that are being charged. Not only do you need to look at the total amount, but also you need to consider the payment structure and what you will be getting for your money. In regards to the latter, you will need to ensure there are no hidden costs or additional services you need to pay for. We pride ourselves on being transparent. When it comes to the payment structure, we will guarantee No Win, No Fee solicitor. By doing this, you will only need to pay for our service if we manage to get compensation for you, and so financial risk is minimised.
Reputation – Last but not least, we are proud to have a great reputation in the industry. It is worth taking the time to search for reviews online to see what past clients have had to say. We are sure you will be satisfied.
Hopefully, we will have answered all of your questions in this guide. However, if you still have some queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0800 073 8801. You can also use this line if you are ready to begin the process of claiming. There are other ways to get in touch too. This includes the live chat feature on our website and via email. You can also enter your details and we will call you back.
We have put together lots of compensation guides on our website. Here are some that may be of use to you:
Package holiday compensation claims – General guide to package holiday claims
RTA Claims – Specific information about accidents on roads
British Consulate – Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (covering Lanzarote)
Calle Luis Morote 6-3º
35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
+34 928 26 25 08
British Embassy Madrid
Paseo de la Castellana 259D
+34 917 146 300
Spain – Healthcare FAQs – NHS information on accessing healthcare in Spain.