There is every chance you have heard that Sicily is a beautiful part of the world. A lot of Brits visit Italy year-on-year, and Sicily is a popular spot. However, your holiday in Sicily can soon take a turn for the worse if you end up ill or injured. If you’ve had an accident on holiday in Sicily, this guide is for you. We will explain what you need to be informed about when making a claim, which is something you can do with the assistance of Accident Claims UK. Our friendly and professional team can be reached on 0800 073 8801. But first, read on to discover more.
Select A Section
- Your Guide To Claiming For Accidents On Holiday In Sicily
- Popular Cities Or Resorts In Sicily
- What Should I Do If Injured Because Of An Accident On Holiday?
- Contacting The Emergency Services In Sicily
- Healthcare & Medical Services In Sicily
- How Much Time Do I Have To Claim For My Accident On Holiday In Sicily
- Accidents Or Injuries On A Package Holiday
- Accidents At Your Hotel
- Travel Food Poisoning Claims
- Slips And Falls On Holiday
- Accidents At Sea Or In Water Sports
- Car And Other Vehicle Road Accidents
- Do I Need To Use A Sicilian Solicitor?
- No Win No Fee Sicilian Holiday Accident Claims
- Why Choose Our Team To Conduct Your Claim?
- Contact Us Today
- Additional Resources
An Overview Of Sicily Holiday Accidents
Around 3 million British tourists visit Italy annually, and a good number of these tourists flock to the beautiful destination of Sicily. The vast majority of these trips are trouble-free, with people having a great and memorable vacation. There are a small portion of people that have had nightmare trips, though. With the recent volcanic eruption of Mount Etna, the eastern part of Sicily has experienced earth tremors, which have caused disruption. Of course, you may also suffer an accident or injury because of someone else’s negligence. On this page, we will take a look at the common claim types in further depth, as well as providing information on claiming, time limits, our service, and much more.
Sicily is a stunning part of the world, and it is not hard to see why it attracts so many people. Here are some of the main towns:
No matter where in Sicily your accident has taken place, we can help you to get the payout you deserve.
What do you need to do if you’ve been injured?
- See a medical professional – The importance of seeking professional medical attention cannot be ignored. This is vital in terms of your wellbeing, but also when it comes to ensuring you can get the compensation you deserve. If you do not see a doctor, you have no way of proving that you were injured in the first place.
- Report the incident – In a lot of cases, it is vital to report the incident. This includes situations whereby you have been involved in a road traffic accident, and the incident is a hazard to oncoming traffic, while it also includes scenarios whereby you have been injured in the workplace. If you have been injured in Sicily while working as a travel rep, for example, you need to report such incidents to your employer because they are required to have an accident book by law and they will need to record the accident in here. Aside from this, you will need to make sure your insurer knows what has happened and you will need to inform the tour operator you booked your holiday with.
- Make note of everything that happened – As soon as you get the chance, you should sit down and take down notes concerning everything that occurred. This will ensure you don’t later forget any of the most important details later on down the line.
- Get contact details – If it is possible, you should get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the event as well as the person that caused it.
- Keep proof of costs incurred – Have you encountered added costs because of your injuries? This can be anything from childcare expenses and loss of income to travel costs and prescription expenses. However, in order to make a claim for these types of things you will need to have proof.
Before you go on any holiday, writing down the emergency contact details is imperative. Here are the numbers you need for Sicily.
- Ambulance – 118.
- Emergency roadside assistance – 116.
- Fire service – 115.
- Civilian police – 113.
- Military police – 112.
When you go on holiday to Sicily, your EHIC will be valid. For those who are unaware, EHIC stands for European Health Insurance Card. This is something all British people can acquire by making an application online, free of charge, via the UK Government website. Using this card could entitle you to free or reduced healthcare while in Sicily. However, this is typically only applicable to emergency treatments, and so not all procedures qualify, which is why it is still pivotal to take out health insurance.
One thing that is important to know about making a holiday compensation claim is that there is a personal injury claims time limit. This is something a lot of people do not realise until it is too late. For Sicily, this time limit is usually three years. However, this can vary depending on the circumstances of your case. In some instances, you may be entitled to an extension. In others, you may only have a year to claim. This is why it is always best not to take any risks. Instead, give us a call and we will be able to advise you on exactly how long you have.
|Circumstances of Claim
|You booked your trip through a UK based package holiday vendor.
|You booked your trip yourself, without the aid of a travel agent.
|6 years (time limits can vary – see Time Limit Advice for more information)
|A road traffic accident.
|2 years (with potential for extension).
Common Holiday Accidents And Illness
When visiting Sicily, a lot of people elect to do so via a package holiday. A package holiday is defined as any sort of vacation whereby you have booked at least two of the following under the same deal:
- Accommodation (overnight)
- Tour services
If you have been injured while engaging in any of the three activities above, you can make a claim against the tour operator in question.
Below, we have put together a table with the emergency contact details for some of the most popular tour operators offering package deals to Italy. If you have been injured while on one of their vacations, you should call up the number provided at the earliest opportunity to report what has happened.
|Name of tour operator
Now, we are going to take a look at some of the different types of accidents that could happen while on holiday in Sicily. Firstly, we will begin with accidents at your hotel. As you would probably expect, there are many different ways that such accidents could occur. Here are some examples:
- Suffering an injury because of an electrical fault in the hotel room
- Injuring yourself because of broken furniture
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Food poisoning from the hotel restaurant
- Suffering an injury because the hotel gym equipment has not been maintained properly
- Spa and beauty treatments which have gone wrong
- Sports injuries
- Swimming pool accidents because of poor maintenance or lack of supervision
The examples mentioned above are a mere collection of the sort of injuries and accidents that can happen in hotels. Call us today if you would like to find out whether you have a valid case.
A lot of people end up experiencing food poisoning while they are on holiday because they have been given food that has not been stored or prepared properly. In fact, there are so many different ways that food poisoning can occur. Some people suffer from this illness because of food that has been left out on the buffet for too long, whereas others experience it because their food has been undercooked or it has been reheated too many times. No matter the scenario, food poisoning is very rarely life-threatening, although there have been some very severe cases. Either way, make sure you see a doctor so that we can help you to get the payout you deserve. It is also worth pointing out that you can claim if you have experienced an allergic reaction because the food you consumed was not labelled correctly.
We have also helped thousands of people to make successful personal injury claims for slips, trips, and falls they have experienced while on vacation. There is no denying that these claims are very common. This is because slips and falls can happen in many different ways and in various environments while on holiday. From boarding the plane to simply walking around Sicily, there are lots of ways you could slip or fall. Of course, your own clumsiness is not a reason to secure compensation, but an unmarked pothole, a wet floor or something along these lines would be.
When on holiday in Sicily, a lot of people like to try out the different activities that are on offer. Watersports are especially popular during the summer, as is taking boat trips. When participating in any sort of activity, it is important to make sure it is covered by your insurance. In some instances, for example, with any sort of extreme or dangerous sports, you will be required to take out extra insurance cover. If you are then injured during one of these activities or you have been involved in a boat accident and it was not your fault, you will be able to get compensation. You could, for example, suffer an injury because the equipment you were using was not maintained correctly.
Have you been involved in a car crash while on holiday in Sicily? Unfortunately, road traffic accidents happen on a daily basis all over Europe. Statistics for Italy, in general, show that the rural roads are the most dangerous, where there are 4.63 deaths per every 100 road accidents.
If the incident you were involved in was not your fault, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to compensation. In this section, we will provide you with all of the information you need to know about using the services of accident lawyers for this type of claim specifically.
The very first thing you need to do is determine whether you have the grounds to make a personal injury claim. To do this, you need to see whether the following three statements apply to your car accident…
- Someone else crashed into you. You will need to show that someone else is responsible for the crash and consequently the injuries you have encountered.
- You have seen a medical professional for the injuries you have sustained. This is vital, otherwise, how are you going to prove that you were injured in the first place?
- The car crash happened within the time limit displayed in the table earlier on in the guide. This is the time limit for all personal injury cases.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding as to whether you have a strong chance of getting compensation.
There are some key steps you can take to improve your chances of securing compensation. One of the most vital things to do is get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their name, their address, their telephone number, their vehicle registration number and the details of their insurer. If the perpetrator has fled the scene, you obviously will not be able to get this, but don’t panic, as you can still make a claim.
Was there anyone that witnessed the car crash? If so, it would be a good idea to get their contact information as well, as witness statements can really help to strengthen personal injury claims. The only other thing you need to do is get in touch with Accident Claims UK, as we are one of the leading law firms in the UK and can give you the chance of securing the full amount of compensation you deserve. We have handled many claims for car accidents.
How Our Experts Can Help You
A lot of people assume that they are going to need to use the services of a solicitor based in Sicily in order to launch a successful claim for something that has happened there. This is not the case. You can work with a UK-based solicitor, and you will find that this is actually the easiest option to go for.
There are a lot of people in the United Kingdom that have been entitled to personal injury compensation, yet they have never made a claim. One of the most common reasons for this is because they believe that they do not have the money to fund the solicitors’ charges. While it is true that some solicitors do charge extortionate fees, this is not always the case, as there are various options available. Going down a No Win, No Fee route is nearly always the best solution, as this eliminates the financial concern you may have. With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the most common myths about personal injury solicitors – myths that we are proud to dispel here at Accident Claims UK.
- All solicitors charge huge fees – This is not true. As is the case with all services, you can shop around for a good deal. Of course, you should never simply choose a service because it is the cheapest. You want to be sure of the quality and experience first. Nevertheless, you’re not going to be forced into paying large fees.
- You could end up spending fortunes, and not win a penny by the end of it – This is the case if you go for a solicitor who charges by the hour. However, if you opt for a No Win, No Fee solicitor, the risk is minimised. If the solicitor in question fails to win your case, you won’t have to pay any legal fees, and, therefore, you avoid the extortionate costs that are associated with using a traditional solicitor.
- I have to pay for legal advice – Again, this is not true. While there are companies that will charge you for even a minute of their time, this is not the case at Accident Claims UK. We have a legal helpline for you to utilise. You will speak to one of our experienced and friendly advisors, and they will answer all of your questions for you free of charge.
- There are many hidden costs when making a claim – This all depends on the company you choose. We are truthful and upfront with all of our clients, and we disclose all costs from the offset. Unfortunately, not all companies operate in this manner, and so it is something you need to be mindful of.
Hopefully, you now know the truth about the cost of personal injury lawyers and why a No Win, No Fee service is fantastic The only thing left to do is give Accident Claims UK a call, and we will ensure you have the chance of getting the compensation you deserve.
Have you had the misfortune of suffering an accident on holiday in Sicily? Was it your fault? If not, you will likely be entitled to compensation. Nonetheless, you need a good solicitor by your side to ensure you get the full amount you deserve. Read on to discover the main qualities that indicate Accident Claims UK is the right choice for you…
You definitely do not want to be someone’s practice project. You want the confirmation that they have provided their services many, many times before and thus they know exactly how to handle your personal injury claim. This is exactly what you will get with Accident Claims UK. We will match you to a personal injury solicitor with years of specialist experience in the industry. We have also used this experience to make the process as easy as possible. Simply look at the three-step process below.
|Contact our team by email, phone, or post.
|Our team will assess your claim.
|Once you are ready, we can then start your claim.
Good communication is imperative. A lot of people feel as if they are out of the know when they make a claim. They wonder if their case is even receiving the full amount of attention it deserves. With an Accident Claims UK personal injury lawyer, you can rest assured the expert will be easy to get in touch with and that they effectively communicate everything you need to know.
No Win, No Fee
It is always advisable to go for a No Win, No Fee solicitor when you are making a claim for an injury. All of our solicitors work on this basis. By doing this, you will not need any money to begin your case. Moreover, the financial risk that is associated with a traditional solicitor is eliminated. You also have the peace of mind that you are going to benefit from a high level of service, as the solicitor is impacted by your case as well.
On a final note, you need a solicitor that is going to be honest with you regarding your case’s strength. You don’t want to waste your time and money on making a claim that is not going to be successful. This point highlights why a No Win, No Fee service is advisable – the solicitor will not take on your case if they don’t believe you have a chance of getting compensation. We pride ourselves on being 100 per cent honest and transparent with all of our clients.
You can be sure of all of these four qualities when you use an Accident Claims UK solicitor. All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis and have an excellent reputation in the industry. Give us a call today and we will put you in touch with the right one for you.
If you are ready to make a personal injury claim abroad for the accident you have been involved in while on holiday in Sicily, all you need to do is call our team on 0800 073 8801. You can call on any day or time that is convenient for you, as this line is available 24/7. You can even ring us if you’re not ready to claim and you simply have a few questions. We will always be more than happy to answer them. There are other ways for you to get in touch with us too. For example, you can enter your contact details via our homepage and we will call you back as soon as we can. You can also use the live chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner, as well as sending an email. No matter how you choose to get in touch, you can be sure that all conversations will be 100 per cent confidential.
We have worked hard to provide you with as much information as possible about all claim types. Here are some guides that may be of use to you:
Accidents that happen abroad – More information on kinds of claims that happen overseas
Calculator for compensation – Some information on claim amounts can be seen here
Flight delay – Can you claim? Find out here
You can find embassy and consulate information below.
British Embassy Italy – Rome
British Embassy In Rome
Via XX Settembre 80/a
Telephone: +39 06 4220 0001
British Consulate Palermo
S Tagliavia & Co
Via Cavour 117
I-90133 Palermo PA
Telephone +39 091 326 412 for consular services.
NHS guide to healthcare in Italy – Italian healthcare explained