Have you been injured as a result of an accident claim in Cheltenham? Did you know that in relation to claims for compensation, you may be surprised to know that some individuals who are entitled to make a claim may never. Here are some of the reasons why this is the case…
- Lack of knowledge – One of the main reasons why people may not claim with a personal injury solicitor is because they may not actually realise they could make a claim. This could especially be the case for those that have suffered what they deem a minor injury that is not life-threatening. We will help you to get a better understanding of what you could claim for in this guide.
- Not enough money – Aside from the above, a lot of people may believe a personal injury claim will be too expensive to go ahead with. This will not be the case if you opt for a no win no fee service. Our accident claims solicitors always work on a no win no fee basis.
- Failure to act quickly – Last but not least, a lot of people might not realise that there is a three-year accident claims time limit on most personal injury cases, and thus they take their time when it comes to making a claim. There are exceptions to this, please contact us for more information.
Why not give Accident Claims UK a call on our free legal helpline to explain the details of how you sustained your injury. We will then inform you of the strength of your case and whether you are likely to receive compensation.
Choose A Section
- What Is An Accident Claims Solicitor Covering Cheltenham?
- Industrial Accident And Injury Claims
- Cheltenham Occupational And Industrial Injury Statistics
- Cheltenham Road Traffic Accidents
- Public Liability Claim Examples
- Slip Trip Fall Accidents And Injuries
- Compensation For Victims Of Crime
- Medical Negligence
- No Win No Fee Accident Claims Solicitors Covering Cheltenham
- How To Start My Claim
- Questions And Answers
- Supplementary Information
If you have been involved in any sort of accident and you are thinking about making a personal injury claim, one of the crucial things you may need to do is seek out a solicitor to work on your case. There are many different accident claims solicitors covering Cheltenham so it is critical that you know how to narrow down your search properly. After all, this person is going to be responsible for making sure that you have the right evidence and make the right moves when it comes to making a claim for compensation. Because of this, you will want to make sure you choose an accident claim solicitor with care. You might want to take steps to be sure that the person you work with has plenty of experience within the industry.
Aside from this, you may wish to make sure that the solicitor you choose is happy to work with a no win no fee agreement. If you do not know what this means, we will provide more information on this later in the guide.
Have you had the misfortune of being injured in the workplace? If so, you might need to explore the possibility of making an accident claim if the incident was not your fault. This section will explain everything you might need to know about the different kinds of industrial accidents at work and what you can do if you have suffered an injury in the workplace.
What are the different kinds of workplace accident claims?
There are many different injuries and incidents that could lead to an injury at work claim. Here are some examples…
- Construction accidents
- Poor health and safety incidents
- Industrial deafness
- Industrial illness
- Product liability claims
- Vibration white finger
- Heavy lifting injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
The steps you might need to take if you have suffered a workplace accident
The first thing you need to do is seek medical treatment with regards to your injuries. If you need to take time off work, you may wish to also check your contract to discover the relevant information regarding sick pay.
Make sure you report the accident to your employer.
Lastly, it is a good idea to make sure you keep track of all of the costs that you have encountered because of the injury, such as treatment expenses and loss of income. You may be able to claim for these as special damages.
Below, we look at statistics regarding accident claims in Cheltenham.
|Location||Total - non fatal injuries (2018/19)||Total - non fatal injuries per 100,000 workers (2018/19)||Fatal injuries (2018/19)|
Health and Safety Executive data and tables can be found at this page.
If you have been injured as a result of a road traffic accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation. Below you will see some suggestions regarding what you could do after you have been involved such an incident:
- See a doctor – It does not matter how minor your injuries may appear, and how much you may dislike the hospital, it is important to get your injuries checked. This is not just because you might need treatment, but also because the doctor’s medical report could serve as proof of the injuries that you have sustained and it will be used to work out how much money you are going to receive. Without it, there is nothing to go off.
- Contact details – When you have been involved in a road traffic accident, it is a good idea to try and get the contact details of anyone that witnessed this. Of course, you may wish to also get the contact information of the person that is responsible for your suffering. This should include their name, telephone number, address and the details of their insurer. If you are able to you, you should make a note of their vehicle’s make, model and registration number.
- Keep proof of costs – Often, when someone has been involved in an accident they could suffer many additional costs as a result. This could be prescription expenses, the cost of parking at the hospital, loss of earnings and such like, yet the good news is that you may be able to claim for these as special damages.
We could also assist with any sort of accident that has happened in a public area. This typically involves making a claim against the council, as they will be responsible for the area. Whether you have been injured by a broken pavement that has not been fixed although it was reported, or it could be due to a pothole or broken railing in a public park.
Out of all of the different types of claims, slip and fall lawsuit claims could arguably be one of the most common. This is because they could happen in any sort of environment and in so many different ways. For example, you may fall because of a pothole, or you could slip because of an unmarked wet floor. No matter what has happened, give us a call today for more information on correct slip trip fall prevention and how to make an accident claim.
We could also assist those seeking to secure compensation if they have been the victim of criminal injuries. When making these sorts of claims, the process is different. This is because you may usually be making your claim to the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) and so you may only have two years. There are exceptions to the CICA time limit with regards to cases of historical abuse. For more information relating to the CICA process, please get in touch, alternatively, you can click the link above.
Last but not least, another example of the claims that our panel of accident claim solicitors have experience with is medical negligence. From your dentist pulling out the wrong tooth to mistakes made during birth that cause you or your baby to suffer avoidable injuries, there are many examples of these cases.
Every medical professional owes their patients a duty of care. If they do not uphold this standard and this results in the worsening of their patient’s pre-existing conditions of a new injury entirely then a claim for medical negligence may be possible. If you or a loved one have suffered unnecessarily at the hands of a medical professional, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your potential claim.
As mentioned earlier, looking for a no win no fee solicitor could be very important when you want to make a claim. This is a solicitor that agrees to payment terms whereby they will only be paid for their service if the claim is successful. This means you will not end up out of pocket if your claim is unsuccessful. It also means that you will agree to your solicitor being entitled to a success fee. This amount will be deducted from your final settlement figure. Legally this amount is capped at 25% of the overall amount. For more information regarding the benefits of a no win no fee agreement please do get in touch.
Get in touch with the team at Accident Claims UK on 0800 073 8801 if you are ready to make an accident claim. You can also fill in our online contact form. We will give you a good understanding of the strength of your case, providing accidents claims advice, and helping to begin and then progress the injury claim process. We can help take the stress of making a claim off your shoulders, by connecting you with a solicitor that can fight your corner for you.
How Could Accident Claim Solicitors Help My Claim?
We could help you every step of the way. No matter whether you are simply looking for some free advice on how to make a claim or you want the assistance of a solicitor when making a claim from the start to the end; we can help you.
Do I Have To Claim With A Local Solicitor?
Many people might assume that their only option is to work with accident claims solicitors in Cheltenham. Therefore, when they do a search online, they may look for the likes of “car accident solicitors near me”. However, there is no legal requirement for you to use the services of a solicitor in your area. You simply require accident solicitors covering Cheltenham. This is how you are able to work with our panel of accident claims solicitors despite the fact we are not based in Cheltenham. This is because claims are handled via telephone and email today.
Do My Injuries Need Examining?
Yes, seeing a medical professional is an important part of gathering evidence. In order to make a claim, you will be required to undergo an independent medical assessment. This assessment will then form the basis of your evidence and will help your solicitor when it comes to placing a valuation figure on your claim.
Could You Organise A Medical Exam For Me?
If you need to see a medical expert, this is something we may be able to assist with. Some of the experts we have connections with in the area include…
Leckhampton Chiropractic Clinic, 2 Brunswick Buildings
St Georges Surgery
St Pauls Medical Centre
121 Swindon Road
2 Brunswick Buildings Bethesda St
Article by JJ.
Edited by CK.