Can You Claim With A Solicitor, Lawyer, Or Claims Management Company In The UK If Injured In Spain?
If you have been the victim of an injury that was not your fault while in Spain it is likely that you will be entitled to compensation. There are many different scenarios that result in making a claim for a personal injury in Spain. The following is just a mere handful…
- Car crashes
- Bike accidents
- Spa treatments gone wrong
- Slips, trips and falls
- Hotel accidents
- Food poisoning
- Product liability claims
- Injuries from a crime
- Untraced driver claims
- Swimming pool accidents
- Accidents at the airport
- … And so on and so forth
This should give you a good idea of the variation of reasons why people think about making a claim. However, what truly matters when it comes to making your own claim is whether the following three statements are true…
- The injury was not your fault
- The incident happened within the personal injury claims time limit in Spain, which is usually three years but there are exceptions, which we’ll cover later on
- You saw a doctor as a result of the accident
If those three statements apply to your situation then it is highly likely that you will be entitled to compensation. The next thing you need to do is get in touch with a lawyer. But do you need a solicitor in Spain?
A lot of people assume their only option is to work with a lawyer in Spain, considering that is where their accident occurred. However, this is not the case. In fact, it is usually a lot easier to work with a UK-based firm rather than a Spanish solicitor.
That is where Accident Claims UK comes in. We are a leading law firm in the UK and we will ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
There are many reasons why we are a fantastic option for claims. In fact, all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This ensures financial risk is eradicated, you do not need any money to begin your claim, and you benefit from a much better service.
If you take a look on our website you will see that we have an impeccable reputation in the industry which is built on over many years of experience. We encourage you to read the reviews that have been left by our previous customers. This is assured to put your mind at ease. We offer a service for all types of Spanish holiday claims!
To reach us, dial 0800 073 8801 today. But first, make sure you continue reading our Spain holiday compensation guide to find out more about these claims.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident Or Injury In Spain
- Accidents And Injuries In Spain, The Canary Islands, And Balearic Islands
- When Making A Personal Injury Claim In Spain, What Time Limits Do You Need To Be Aware Of?
- When Can I Make A Personal Injury Claim In Spain?
- Accidents And Illnesses At A Restaurant In Spain
- Accidents, Injuries, And Illness From A Swimming Pool In Spain
- Road Traffic And Car Accident Claims In Spain
- Hotel Accident Claim In Spain
- Package Holiday Accident Claims
- What Can Personal Injury Claims In Spain Include Compensation For
- Personal Injury Compensation Calculator For Accidents And Injuries In Spain
- No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claims In Spain
- How Our Team Can Help People Injured In Accidents In Spain
- How To Contact Our Team
- Where You Can Find Out More
Have you suffered an injury in Spain that wasn’t your fault? Did you have to see a medical professional as a result? If so, it is very likely that you will be entitled to personal injury compensation. This guide provides everything you need to know about compensation in relation to this type of personal injury claim, how you make a claim, the different types of accidents you can claim for, and much more.
First and foremost, a lot of people do not realise that compensation is split into two parts. To begin with you have general damages. This is the money you receive for your injuries. This will be calculated based on the severity of your injury and the impact it is having on your everyday life. Aside from this there is special damages. This relates to any out of pocket costs you have experienced as a result of the injury. This can be anything from childcare costs, to prescription expenses, to travel fees, to loss of income. Basically, if you have experienced the cost in question as a direct result of your injury you will be compensated for it. Nonetheless, it is important to make sure you keep proof, such as receipts. We will help you to get the maximum compensation available when navigating the court system in Spain, and this is something we will discuss in further depth in this guide.
For further information regarding how much money you could be entitled to, get in touch with Accident Claims UK. You will find all of our contact details at the end of the guide. You can ring our legal helpline and one of our efficient and friendly advisors will give you an honest answer regarding the strength of your case. They will then put you in contact with one of our No Win, No Fee solicitors who will take care of everything from here onwards, ensuring a brilliant service and the elimination of financial worries caused by your accident.
So, you have been involved in an accident in Spain, and now you are wondering it counts as a personal injury incident. A lot of people find themselves in this predicament. Essentially they want to know whether it is worth looking for solicitors in Spain for legal action or, a solicitor in the UK that can cover their claim. The last thing you want is to miss out on a sum of money you could be entitled to. Nevertheless, it is also unlikely that you will want to waste your time and money on a solicitor if you have no chance of getting compensation.
It is vital to realise that personal injuries can occur in a whole host of different ways. The following is simply a mere handful of examples…
- Swimming pool accidents
- Injuries caused by spa treatments gone wrong
- Car crashes
- Motorbike accidents
- Injuries from faulty products
- Food poisoning
- Trips, slips and falls
- Accidents that have occurred because of poor health and safety at the hotel
- Criminal injuries
- … and much, much more!
This merely scratches the surface of the different incidents and injuries that can result in a successful personal injury compensation claim. It does not matter what sort of accident you have been involved in when working with a personal injury lawyer. What matters is your ability to prove the following three things to be true…
- The accident was caused because of someone else’s error or negligence. You need to be able to prove that somebody is at fault. You certainly cannot be responsible!
- You have seen a doctor as a result of your injuries. A professional medical report is the most important piece of evidence.
- The incident happened within the time limit, which is usually the last three years. This is actually the time limit on all personal injury cases and court proceedings must be issued within this time frame.
No matter what type of accident in Spain you have been involved in, read on to discover three key reasons why you should make your claim today rather than delaying…
- The details will still be fresh in your mind – The sooner you claim the easier it will be, as the details will still be fresh in your mind. This guarantees that you are not going to forget some of the most important information. Of course you could write everything down, but nothing beats having a fresh memory.
- There is a time limit on all personal injury cases – Did you know that there is a time limit in place if you want to make a claim? This limit is usually three years, but this does vary, and it often starts from the date of the incident. You will then need to make sure court proceedings are issued within the period. A lot of people think that three years is a long time, but time quickly passes. The last thing you want to do is miss out on compensation for the sheer fact you took too long to go about it. Please view the table below for more information on the relevant time limits…
|Package holidays||3 years May very|
|Private holidays||Approximately 1 year (this does vary)|
|Injuries on the flight||2 years|
- It will be easier to gather evidence – Last but not least, you will find it a lot less difficult to build a case the sooner you do it, this is especially true in regards to gathering evidence. Take witness statements as a prime example. If you leave it too long to claim, you may find that your witnesses have relocated and/or changed their telephone number. This can make it impossible to hunt them down! Moreover, you may find that witnesses aren’t as cooperative later down the line, as the incident becomes a distant memory and they do not want the hassle.
There are so many reasons why people find themselves looking for solicitors for Spain legal claims. In the following sections, we are going to take a look at some of the most common claim types in further detail. If you cannot find the accident you were involved in, don’t panic – you can still claim!
There is no denying that food poisoning is a common reason for people making a claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer in Spain. If you have been served food that has not been stored, cooked, or prepared properly, you could suffer side effects, and you can claim for this. You can also claim for any other restaurant accidents, including slips, trips, and falls.
You may also want to be looking to use a solicitor in Spain to make a swimming pool accident claim, yet there is no need to, as we can also do this for you. We can assign you a personal injury solicitor in the UK for your case. Scenarios vary in this regard, yet most people typically claim because of one of two reasons. Firstly, they have suffered an illness because of a chemical problem with the pool. Secondly, they have fallen because of poor pool maintenance. No matter the circumstances, though, we can help.
Have you been involved in an accident on the road? There are many different incidents that can occur – from car crashes to motorbike accidents, from hit and runs to passenger incidents… the scenarios vary substantially! To increase your chances of making a successful Spanish holiday injury claim, follow these steps…
- See a doctor – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that you need to see a medical professional if you want to make an accident claim. It is imperative to look after yourself first. Get the treatment you need, no matter how small you think your injuries are. The medical report will be imperative when it comes to the claim process.
- Get contact details – You will need to get the details of the person that caused the incident. This includes their full name, telephone number, address and the details of their insurer. You will also need to get the contact details of anyone that witness the incident, as their account can really help to strengthen your case.
- Take photographs – Is there any damage to your vehicle? What about damage to the street? If so, take some photographs for evidence.
- Call the police – It may be necessary for you to call the police. This is generally only the case if the incident has been a hit and run, is extremely serious or can cause trouble because of its location on the road.
- Get in touch with Accident Claims UK – We are one of the top law firms in the UK. We will match you to the best solicitor for your case. All you have to do is give us a call.
- Keep proof of any expenses encountered – You will be able to claim for these as special damages, so it is really important to make sure you keep receipts and such like. This can be anything from treatment costs, to childcare expenses, to loss of income, to the cost of your vehicle being repaired.
There are many accidents that happen in hotels. As discussed earlier, you may seek Spanish lawyers for pool incidents and restaurants accidents, both of which could occur on hotel grounds but you need not restrict yourself to those in Spain, UK based solicitors that we can provide can handle these claims just as well. Poor hotel maintenance, spa treatments gone wrong, and gym accidents also commonly fall into this category.
Making a package holiday claim is easier than a lot of people think. You do not need a personal injury solicitor in Spain. We can assist. Moreover, you will be making your claim against the tour operator, rather than the local supplier.
If you have started to do a bit of research regarding claims, you may have heard of the terms ‘special damages’ and ‘general damages’. But, what exactly do they mean?
Well, compensation is split into two parts. General damages is the name of one part, whilst special damages is the other.
Let’s begin with general. This is the money you receive to make up for you for the injury itself. This amount is worked out based on the type of injury you’ve suffered, i.e. the severity. The effect it is going to have on your life will also be taken into account. For instance, if you are going to have lifelong symptoms, you will get a greater amount of compensation.
Next we have special damages. This is essentially money you receive for expenses. Have you needed to pay for someone to take care of your children whilst you recover? Have you experienced a loss of wages due to your inability to go to work? Have you needed to pay for prescription costs and the cost of treatment? These all count as special damages and you will be able to claim for these. Nonetheless, you do need to have proof, and so it is imperative to keep receipts and such like.
For further information on general damages and special damages, or to begin your compensation claim, get in touch with Accident Claims UK today.
While you will likely wish to know how much compensation you are to receive, we do not recommend using a personal injury claims calculator, as they are highly inaccurate. Instead, we have put together a table with the common payout amounts for injuries that can happen in Spain. If you cannot find your injury, don’t panic. Simply give us a call and we will happily assist.
|What sort of injury have you sustained?||Average payout for this sort of injury|
|Minor injuries level 1||£1,200 to £2,150|
|Minor injuries Level 2||£600 to £1,200|
|Minor injuries Level 3||A few hundred pounds to £600|
|Fractures of Cheekbones||£8,940 to £13,840|
|Multiple Fractures of Facial Bones||£13,080 to £21,000|
|Severe Knee Injuries||£22,960 to £38,120|
|Severe Knee Injuries||£45,700 to £61,140|
|Severe Knee Injuries||£61,140 to £84,360|
|Moderate level of Wrist Injuries||£21,480 to £34,340|
|Major level of Wrist Injuries||£41,760 to £52,490|
|Minor - Severe Shoulder Injuries||£16,830 to £42,110|
|High level Neck Injuries||In the region of £130,060|
Did you know that there are an unbelievable number of people in the UK that would have been entitled to personal injury compensation but never actually made a claim in the first place? One of the reasons why this is the case is because they envision a lengthy and stressful process and they want to avoid this. This is understandable. After all, it is likely that the injury you have suffered has caused you enough distress, and you certainly do not want to experience any more! Nevertheless, you can make an accident claim in Spain without the strain. If you handle everything correctly you will find that the claim process goes quite quickly and smoothly! So, read on to find out more.
The first thing you should do to make sure the process is as easy as possible is get in touch with a No Win, No Fee solicitor. There are many benefits to gain by doing this. Firstly, you can be sure that the solicitor will only take on your accident claim if they believe you have a strong chance of getting compensation. They won’t waste your time. It is of no benefit to them, as they are impacted by the outcome of your case as well. Moreover, by going down this route you will not require any money to begin your claim and financial risk is minimised substantially, as the payment structure is completely different. Therefore, there are many ways a no win no fee solicitor will make your claim a lot easier.
Aside from this, you simply need to ensure you handle everything in the correct manner. See a doctor as soon as possible, as you will need to be professionally diagnosed in order to make an accident claim. You should also keep proof of any expenses you have suffered because of your injuries. You will be able to claim for these as special damages. Examples include everything from loss of income to the cost of treatment. Finally, report the incident if necessary, i.e. to the police and/or your travel company and insurer.
If you have suffered a personal injury that was not your fault, one thing you need is a high quality law firm to fight your case for you. Accident Claims UK is a great choice for Spanish holiday claims, and here are the reasons why…
1. No Win, No Fee – All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This is beneficial for a whole host of reasons. You do not need any money to begin your claim and financial risk is minimised significantly as well. This also ensures you benefit from a much higher level of service.
2. Experience – We have successfully helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims. You can be sure we have handled claims similar to yours before.
3. Capability – From product liability claims, to car crash cases, to accidents in the airport… we have the ability to handle all types of personal injury claims.
4. Credibility – We have an impeccable reputation. All you need to do is read the reviews that have been left on our website to see that this is the case.
5. Trust – Our reputation in the industry should assure you that we are a company you can trust. There are many ways to get in touch with us and we have all the accreditation necessary.
6. Legal Helpline – We have a legal helpline available to all. Give us a call and you will speak to one of our seasoned advisors who will answer all of your questions for you.
7. Honesty – One thing you can be sure of is that we will not take on your case unless we actually believe you have a good chance of getting compensation. We won’t waste your time. After all, we only work on a No Win, No Fee basis.
8 Communication – There are many different ways to get in touch – phone, mobile, text… whatever suits you!
9. Availability – Our legal helpline is available 24/7. Why not give us a call today?
You can reach our team on 0800 073 8801. This line is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, so you can call at any time that is convenient for you. There are also other ways to get in touch. This includes using our live chat function, as well as sending a message to our email address. You can also enter your details and we will call you back.
Spanish Accidents Information – Accidents that happen in Spain claims can be handled here in the UK. Read more about this here.
Dangerous driving fatal road accidents information – In general, fatal accident claims because of dangerous driving are covered here.
Road accident case study – A case study you might find of interest.
Other Useful Compensation Guides
- Greece Accident Claims Guide
- Turkey Accident Claims Guide
- A Guide To British Airways Flight Accident Claims
- Jet2 Flight Accident Claims Guide
- Spain Swimming Pool Accident Claims Guide
- How To Make An Airline Injury Compensation Claim?
- Psychological Injuries
- Italy Accident Claims Guide
- The Netherlands Accident Claims Guide
- France Accident Claims Guide
- Ski Accident Claims Guide
- Portugal Accident Claims Guide
- France Car Accident Claims Guide
- A Guide To Portugal Car Accident Claims
- Personal Injury Claims For An Accident on Holiday